• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TSS Bypass - Another Option

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
I am making TSS bypass plugs for the Pro and Axys. Cost is significantly less than I have seen anywhere else (almost 1/2). I use the Corsa connector and it is sealed. PM me for details, or reply to this post and I will get you the info.

--Perk

20171210_084434.jpg

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Thanks for the input - I only knew that I could not post prices here, did not think of putting an add in the classified section and adding the link. I appreciate your help.

https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=438187

There are not many details as there isn't a lot to these. I use the Corsa connector body (Summitomo replacement). It is fully sealed and is plug and play.

If you aren't familiar with these, they are handy to have for several reasons:
- For testing (ruling out a TSS sensor issue)
- To override the sensor in the throttle block. Example is in case of an emergency in the field. If your throttle block is damaged, this will allow you to override the sensor and get back to the truck.
- Override for running an aftermarket throttle block that does not support the factory TSS sensor. If the TSS bypass is used, a tether needs to be installed for your safety. I highly recommend installing a tether regardless.
- The bypass works on both the older Pro's and the Axys Pro
Cheers,
Perk

Last edited:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Good Luck with the cut rate imitation for the same price!

Good luck! That is essentially the same price as mine ( the Originator of the TSS Bypass Jumper) but my price includes shipping! And you only deliver half the product. You may use a sealed connector but yours is in no way “sealed” ( as shown in the photo). It will fail the same way the TSS does; water intrusion lowering the resistance.

Last edited:

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Hi Loudhandle - I expected some input from you at some point. Thanks for chiming in. My price includes shipping and the price you PM'ed me was significantly more than I am charging. As for how I am sealing mine, I am not going to get into an argument on that. I will only say that I am an Electrical Engineer and I know enough about what I am doing to put a resistor in line and not have any issues. These bypass plugs are not rocket science.

Cheers,
Chris

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
You won't get any arguments or further comments from me. I am not here to argue with anyone. I hope my post was tactful, that was my intention and I hope it came off that way. If not, my apologies to Loudhandle.

Cheers

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
If you can make a profit at your price point? Good on ya.

I know for a fact at my price point; it barely covers the quality of the materials I source and my time is worth something to me. I could outsource production to China, but I refuse to follow the Polaris business model that causes these electrical woes to start with.

Murph, no mud here, just the facts as I see it. I’ll continue to sell mine and let the consumer decide which one to purchase. There is my piece, out!

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
For those that are interested in my option, just wanted to post a follow-up test I performed this afternoon to insure that mine are well sealed and ready for the snow. I submersed one for 2 hours in water and had no issues. I will leave it over night and take another reading in the morning.

Mine are built right here in the US - on my work bench in Boise, Idaho.

Cheers,
Perk

waterqual.jpg

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Quick update on the super-soaker test. I left it in over-night, total soak time was 14.5 hours. Resistance was exactly the same as at the start (6.8k ohms). Inside of the connector was bone dry.

--Perk

sledhappy

Premium Member
Nov 22, 2008
I have been battling with 8000 RPM for two years now. After reading this thread on top of the motor mounts I am thinking about swapping the ECU with another sled. If the motor is pulling timing there has to be a reason. A reflash of the ECU may not affect that function. I’ll have to wait for snow to tell you the details. Hoping that will help. I don’t know of any tuners that could control that function.
Time will tell.

Skylane1978

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2008
I picked one of these up, it was shipped fast and ohms out correctly and the sled ran fine with it. I don't see any deficiencies in its construction. Thanks Perk

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Thanks Skylane - I appreciate your business and positive feedback. Demand has for these has been great. I appreciate everyone's support.

Happy New Year.

--Perk

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Just a quick heads-up/update on these. Demand has been great and I ran out of parts to build them on Monday. I had already ordered everything to build more last Wednesday, so the parts will be in anytime (I am betting today). I will have more ready to ship by Friday/Monday.

Thanks again to all of you for your business. I appreciate it.

Cheers,
Perk

MDEVO

Chic Chocs Addicts
Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2011
Oshawa, ON,Canada
Just a quick heads-up/update on these. Demand has been great and I ran out of parts to build them on Monday. I had already ordered everything to build more last Wednesday, so the parts will be in anytime (I am betting today). I will have more ready to ship by Friday/Monday.

Cheers,
Perk

Just received 10 for me and the boys, shipped quickly and build quality is excellent. Thanks Perk!

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Quick update on the super-soaker test. I left it in over-night, total soak time was 14.5 hours. Resistance was exactly the same as at the start (6.8k ohms). Inside of the connector was bone dry.

--Perk
Comment/side note: 3 or 4 years ago I f'd up on a river crossing and drowned my 2011. It was sitting on the bottom 10ft depth. Guessing it came up after 3 hours and a chilly swim.

Drained everything but chaincase, flushed and fired up. Ran for while to get temps hot and left it in a closed trailer with a heating fan blowing on it and instrument on a hot water tank over night.

Ran 3 hours next day and have never looked back. Sled is still running and great at that, so all peoples woes about moisture sure has me baffled...

Nice product.

Sent fra min S60 via Tapatalk

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
ordered one a wile back and it got lost in the mail {tracking # said it was delivered } but was not in the box...PM perk and he hade no insurance on it to help keep the cost down on shipping. he popped another in the mail at no cost and then PM me saying he didn't feel it right to charge me twice for one tss {at that point it would have cost him money to get me one as he hade bought/built and shipped 2} I dug up his pay-pal and gifted him the cost of parts and shipping I felt it would not be right if he hade to pay money to get me a tss! none the less I thought it was pretty stand up of him to offer that. thanks perk

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho

Cheers,
Perk

I received the parts early this week and started building them last night. I have more ready to ship this morning.

Thanks again to everyone for their business and positive feedback.
Cheers,
Chris

Premium Features