• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RK Tek Diamond Drive Secondary Fix

S

sledhead699

Dec 10, 2007
whitefish, (havre) MT
have the secondary kit on my sled and love it. (also have the head) one of the best mods for these sled. clutching is very inportant. ive gained about 15 MPH track speed with what ive done. it is very easy to change about 2-3 minetes in the field.

73GOLIATH

Jan 3, 2008
i have switch out to the 10.4 secondary with the rkt kit and it works great i should have changed it out sooner

WYsteph

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
WY
www.dxgillette.com
Just put one on my m7, only had a short ride on it due to a bit of trouble with a rock. But from the little riding I did get in it was really fun. Have a lot more bottom end and the power pulls smooth all the way through.

TwistedM1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 7, 2008
Battle Mountain Nevada
RK tek

I just installed one on my m7 have not got to ride it yet. It came with a 34 helix. I called to ask if that was a good helix as i did not buy it direct. But can not get rk tek to call back. Let me know what helix you guys are running and spring.

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
A little shallow...

I just installed one on my m7 have not got to ride it yet. It came with a 34 helix. I called to ask if that was a good helix as i did not buy it direct. But can not get rk tek to call back. Let me know what helix you guys are running and spring.
I bought mine directly from Kelsey, and run a straight 36 with a cat red / white on my M1000 w/162" Powerclaw, works very well. My wife has an M8 with a 38 / 34 Progressive, which I've tried on the M1000, but I prefer the straight 36 hands down on the 1000. Just my humble opinion.

J
Nov 26, 2007
minnesota
05 vs 06

According to kelsey, the 05 secondary is a little different than the 06, hence some kits are sent with the 34 helix vs 36. I had this problem when i installed the kit on my wifes 05 M6 and could figure out why when the install went so good on my 06 M7. All i had to do was file a little bit off the sheve where the ramps go through and problem solved!!! Have had excellent luck with both kits.

A

akjimmyb

Sep 29, 2008
Alaska
I went with the 10.4 when I did mine, and wow, what a difference. Kelsey sent mine with 38/36 progressive, with the green snowpro spring. Set up in the center adjustment hole and rpm was perfect. I have not had to adjust it yet. Riding low altitude 1000-4000 ft. Much, much better backshifting setup. You will notice the difference when coming down a steep hill. I'm was so impressed I bought his head and thinking about his 800 over bore kit.:rolleyes:

C

CatmanTimmay

Feb 7, 2008
Southeast North Dakota
According to kelsey, the 05 secondary is a little different than the 06, hence some kits are sent with the 34 helix vs 36. I had this problem when i installed the kit on my wifes 05 M6 and could figure out why when the install went so good on my 06 M7. All i had to do was file a little bit off the sheve where the ramps go through and problem solved!!! Have had excellent luck with both kits.

What spring and helix are you running on your M7?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
If anyoen wants a red/white cats spring to try out, $10 shipped and ill get it to you, I dont even own a cat.

and yes, they work GREAT....

I ride with sledhead699 and his sled works AWSOME with the RKT stuff in it, with no stickers i am sure most think its an M8

Premium Features