• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CMXBK CRAZY MOUNTAIN XTREME BIKE KIT

bootz1981

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2008
zap, nd
all im saying is not to many kids have $7000 bucks laying around, why advertise on a social media for kids

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
Because more and more adults are using facebook and the kids are not. You can reach way more people on facebook than on a web site. 1 person likes and shares it and it goes to all their friends then their friends likes and shares it and so on. But yes I agree should still have a website also. Facebook isn't just people bsn back n forth any more. About the only reason I go on it any more is to look at the sales pages. There kind of like craigslis.

U
Sep 12, 2010
Obviously a guy with over 800 posts on an online forum about a kit that makes your motorcycle go in the snow only has time for important grown up things.

Hold up just a minute. Keeping a snowbike operational is not a simple matter - it takes research and questions.

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
quick note. U guys have the ability and proses in place to register custom built snowmobiles right? in MN and some other states they put laws in to affect banning "kits" on the trails but u can use factory built snow machine
just saying I would be pursuing that angel . not to mention a lot of guys don't even want to have to build it just buy it and ride it.
beat cat to the showroom

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
all im saying is not to many kids have $7000 bucks laying around, why advertise on a social media for kids

Kids only have a FB page to post lies to each other so there mom dad and grandma think they are still innocent angels .
I only have a page for work because it is quick and ez to post picks of completed jobs for others to look over I don't have to call a IT guy for making changes to a page. I am not sure I can wright code with 1 finger

CRAZY MOUNTAIN XTREME

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Anyways.....
What do your kits weight in at Mark?
Seen pics of everyones kit hanging from a scale but yours. Thanks for any info

Sorry for the late response. We are currently building our actual production kits. The kits that we have are "pre-production" units. We have made a few changes that will make the production kits lighter. We will post pictures of weights asap...stay tuned :)

S
Feb 15, 2015
CO, western slope
grown ups do the work thats needed to sell there product my 14 year old daughter is on faceook. social media is for people that dont have anything better to do, brag about your kids football game, fine thats cool, all day everyday, thats whats its fore a well established company trying to sell an adult products to adults, use adult ways. my grandpa turned 160 of land into a 4000 acre farm that provided for his family, i bet the john deere dealership never tweeted him about the new combine that came out, they ran an ad in the paper, or sent out a come check out what we got flyer. peole are getting lazy and dont wana do "leg work" anymore. i guess why do something for yourself when you can get someelse to do it for you

If it costs you $5000 to send a bunch of flyer's across the country, but you can reach the same amount of people with $500 and get your message across, to the right people. Why would you waste valuable resources on the other option. Just doesn't make sense to use old methods when a lot of people don't even get the paper anymore. It has nothing to do with being lazy, but also look at small businesses that don't have a large marketing budget. They can take advantage of low cost options to reach out to their customer base.
I just think your opinion on this is so outdated it makes no sense.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
For those that have been into sleds know CMX and the quality they produce. People have been buying thier stiff for years at top dollar with very little advertising. A lot of people would just buy this kit knowing CMX made it and nothing else. Used to be you needed a web site, times have changed and social media is where it's at. Some of us may not like it. My kids signed me up on Facebook 3 years ago and I've looked at it only a few times. Glad I have guys who understand it to do it for me at the shop. Facebook is cheaper, easier, faster and can reach way more people. IMO you still need an up to date website. I'm happy there are guys building impressive products that keep innovation and good old American competion alive.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
grown ups do the work thats needed to sell there product my 14 year old daughter is on faceook. social media is for people that dont have anything better to do, brag about your kids football game, fine thats cool, all day everyday, thats whats its fore a well established company trying to sell an adult products to adults, use adult ways. my grandpa turned 160 of land into a 4000 acre farm that provided for his family, i bet the john deere dealership never tweeted him about the new combine that came out, they ran an ad in the paper, or sent out a come check out what we got flyer. peole are getting lazy and dont wana do "leg work" anymore. i guess why do something for yourself when you can get someelse to do it for you

Funny... all this yapping and whining about FB like a 14 yr old girl...

Some of the biggest businesses in the world are doing HUGE marketing & sales on FB, to think otherwise is just plain ignorance, nothing else. You don't need to be a FAN of FB to understand it's obvious utility.

But... keep whining about it like a fat kid whining about his school lunch being the right flavor for him... on FB. ;)

BTW, CMX, see you guys on sat, VERY excited to see this in real life!! Hoping to sell a few extra XM's this fall & pick up another bike or two, this might need to be my next purchase!

tomk

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
this very forum is just another version of Facebook "social media" who cares, CMX bikes are going to rock the boat this year and push the industry to new heights I can wait to see what march brings after a season with 3 new kits on the market!

S

screech

Nov 23, 2009
I don't care about your arguing about the Facebook issue. You need to get to a snow show and see these in person! Pictures look great but the kit physically in front of you looks awesome. I'm planning on being on one of these this year. The quality and effort put into this kits by cmx is outstanding.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I was definitely not sold till I saw it and felt it in person yesterday... but I am now.
If I buy a new kit this year it will be one of these.

It was great meeting you guys yesterday, and thanks for taking the time to go over it all with me.

Kaleb

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
I was definitely not sold till I saw it and felt it in person yesterday... but I am now.
If I buy a new kit this year it will be one of these.

It was great meeting you guys yesterday, and thanks for taking the time to go over it all with me.

Kaleb

Kaleb,
If you were impressed with the looks then the ride will blow your socks off.
It is a whole new riding experience from what you know.

Last edited:

SuperchargedWS6

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2010
Will you be producing a belt drive for the Timbersled this year? I saw this on your facebook page.

CRAZY MOUNTAIN XTREME

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Will you be producing a belt drive for the Timbersled this year? I saw this on your facebook page.

We may revisit a CMX belt drive for the TS unit in the future, but it was not feasible at the time we were working on it for many reasons. This was one of the issues that pushed us to build a complete CMXBK with a CMX belt drive.

Premium Features