• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mods on a 02 Mountain Cat 570?????

M
Dec 18, 2007
Somebody correct me if Im wrong, but weren't the 02 570's fan cooled?.. So i dont think you could do much for engine mods on a fan cooled sled..

T
Nov 28, 2007
Midwest
Somebody correct me if Im wrong, but weren't the 02 570's fan cooled?.. So i dont think you could do much for engine mods on a fan cooled sled..

Yes, 570 is fancooled. Aaen Sells a lite weight pipe which is said to be 10lbs lighter and maybe 5hp. You could regear it, I ran one last year and put a stock primary spring out of my King Cat in it to get the engagement up. I also put a 19/46 gear set in it. I think it was a 46? It was the biggest gear that would fit the case. I don't remember the weights but it was pretty close to what the M570 called for at 8-10k feet. The sled worked awesome! I wish I had it back. I was running a 151 cut down to an inch and a quarter. Skid was also set back. It wouldn't win any races but sure was a good boondocker!

F
Dec 5, 2001
back country
I put the 1m seat on mine, 2 8" rear idlers and 10 tooth drivers, put in the same gears as the 1m 570 had (can't remember now) and a 141x2. Homemade gas rack, led tail light and m7 skis round it out. After putting that AC gold primary in my M7, I wanna put one in the 570, but not sure what the rest of the clutching would need to be...currently stone stock with 55.5g...I think.

John

Pic is before changing skis. Also note spiffy optional gun rack...That's my Dad in the photo.

570mc.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features