• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

xrs belt slipping please help

W

wilbilly

Dec 23, 2007
mountain home ,id
This is my first ski-doo i like it but when i am making a left turn in deep powder my belt will slip i thought snow was getting in around the head lights and falling on the belt . but after looking at it the snow would have to make it around the top of the belt cover . has anyone had the same problem

S
Jan 1, 2008
Lewiston Idaho
Have you hit anything? Mine started doing what you are describing after I took a hard rock to my left ski and bent up the bulkhead. There is a bunch of flex now and when you put a lot of pressure on the left ski it pushes the motor closer to the secondary clutch making the belt slip. I hope this is not your problem but you might check.
Steelhead Slayer

R
Nov 28, 2007
East Wenatchee, WA
I have had the snow come in that hole that is low on the side panel under the clutch. Put some duct tape over that hole when needed. Dont forget to take it off when you dont need it. The clutch needs as much venting as posible.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Every REV chassis needs screen glued over that poorly placed hole in the lower left side panel, it directs snow onto the belt if you don't.,

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
It is that little vent on the side of the left panel. Instead of duct tape go to a linen and things and buy the super light see through curtain. It is fine material that air goes through but will stop powder. Epoxy that over the hole then cover that with screen door mesh. Simple and easy and works awesome. I also put 5 holes fr intake at the front of the panel and 8 at the back so air now moves freely through there and there is never any water or snow and it stays cool. Badly placed vent....

Premium Features