• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

looking for lightweight trailing arms

neverenoughsnow

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 1999
Omaha, Ne.
looking for a pair of lightweight trailing arms for a 99 mountain max. mountain perf. quit selling, i was looking for either 1 piece or modular, cr-moly . there are some around with aluminum but i dont think they are strong enough, and fabcraft has a nice set with carbon fiber, but not sure if that is as strong as a cr-moly tube

Last edited:
P
Nov 26, 2007
MM Trailing Arms

The Fabcraft ones are SWEET. My buddy is going to put them on is modded MM. He has been running the Powder Lites for a couple of seasons and just wanted something different to try. A few other friends also run the Powder Lites on their MM. I'm looking at getting a set for my MNT Viper - polished version.

Northern Lites makes a set but I did not like the guy's attitude. I heard this from a few other people also.

CB Performance makes them too.

T

thinksnow

Nov 26, 2007
DICKINSON, ND
I had a set of PLP chromoly arms on my 99 Mtn Max. They were junk. I brushed a tree (and I mean brushed) and it bent. I took it to a press and straightened it out. Next ride out and I bent it again. Yes they are lighter, but they definitely aren't stronger. I am back to the stockers again.

For sale. One lefthand side PLP chromoly trailing arm in black. Cheap!!!

Premium Features