• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Camso kit?

rmk all the way

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Dayton Wa
So strolling around the web today I came across a camso add for a dirt to snow conversation kit. I was under the impression that then and Arctic cat were working together on it and would only get it if you bought cats snowbike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
So strolling around the web today I came across a camso add for a dirt to snow conversation kit. I was under the impression that then and Arctic cat were working together on it and would only get it if you bought cats snowbike.

Camso kits for everyone not just cat.
I think the drive behind cat is to make a legal snow vehicle for places like Minnesota that ban snow bike kits.

GS6

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
camso

when I pulled up the camso sight and read about their buying out the company that makes track systems for ATV/UTV its makes a lot of sense for their interest in building snobike kits. Camso now has the mfg facility, people on board, production lines , obvious track building experience, pretty natural fit for them. I hope they come up with some thing .

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Snowmobile Registration pays for and maintains for all Trail systems. All vehicles that use kits to transform to snow Vehicles do not pay or contribute to those Trail systems therefore they should not be allowed to use them.
I say change the laws to allow them to register the vehicles as snow vehicles for the winter then the trail systems will have more money, people will be happy it is a win-win.
GS6

Last edited:
R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
Or just make the trail permit a stand alone permit and require them to ride groomed and maintained trails. They just did that here in MT this year.

yooper01

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2014
Snowmobile Registration pays for and maintains for all Trail systems. All vehicles that use kits to transform to snow Vehicles do not pay or contribute to those Trail systems therefore they should not be allowed to use them.
I say change the laws to allow them to register the vehicles as snow vehicles for the winter then the trail systems will have more money, people will be happy it is a win-win.
GS6
In Michigan myself and all other snowbike riders I know buy trail passes because we use the trails to get where we want to ride.

Its just the right thing to do.

If more people just do the right thing , then we dont need as many stupid laws to dictate obscure concepts, like riding a tracked vehicle in the winter.

In fact, I know of a ton of violators who rip around on rmks and summits.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

mnsnowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2007
Dayton, Minnesota
Minnesota Bans snowbike kits? Really? What is the reason behind that?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

The main reason for the law change was people using atv and side by sides with track kits. Supposedly they were damaging trails and getting in the way. Also not paying for winter trail use. The land owners are also worried about the same people trying to ride same trails in summer when they are only winter trails. The snowbikes got lumped into this stupid law. Because it wasn't originally made for snow use it isn't legal. Before the law changed I had my bike played for street, trail pass for summer, and registered the kit for winter. With our crappy snow I haven't gotten out to test if I would get a ticket. This whole law is why arctic cat is making a factory built snowbike.

Premium Features