• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Timbersled vs Yeti wheel kits

P
Sep 3, 2015
Hi All,

I'm considering picking up a wheel kit in the near future. I wanted to get others reviews on which one they like better.

Thanks in advance for the input.

Phil

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Is the yeti not specific to their spindle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirtrebel

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
Bozeman, MT
Hi All,

I'm considering picking up a wheel kit in the near future. I wanted to get others reviews on which one they like better.

Thanks in advance for the input.

Phil

the yeti wheel kit is cheaper and looks to steer more easily. being the Timber one has 4 wheels it is doable but sketchy to actually ride on it.

Is the yeti not specific to their spindle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they make a timbersled version.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
The TS wheels work well however they also cost at least 100 more locally than Yeti. The Yeti wheels look like a great set. Easy to put on and easy to move around. Id buy Yeti.

dirtrebel

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
Bozeman, MT
on the yeti one I remember last spring they were reluctant to advertise it as rideable but in this promo vid it looks pretty tough! around 1:40 they drop it out of the truck and ride it a little. also let me say the timbersled one is really well made and nothing wrong with it at all, it works! just a little hard to steer while riding it. I found myself always either on the left or right wheels with the opposite side off the ground all the time.

X
Oct 6, 2010
There are some good dollies designs none that have it all.

The TS and Yeti wheels are very different design but from the videos they appear to handle similarly. I have made 5 different (TS design 4 wheel versions) of sled dollies since 2011. IMO they handle best when you lean your bike to the outside of the corner. Once you get the outside lean mastered you can get around pretty good. You need to develop a different skill set to ride a snow bike on a Dollie.

My experience has been only the most robust dollies might survive off road and ruff loading and unloading.

Yeti Wheels seems like great Idea! I would luv to try them. I have bent shafts on 4 wheel dollies. I would confine current design to transport and very light duty ferrying to the snow. The Yeti should be far better crossing snow and mud than the 4 wheel TS Design.

To go down rocky roads for now I would have to go with the TS style 4 wheel.

I would like to see a bigger mount and Axles on the Yeti before I depended on it to function off road.

Overall I think I would have to give the Yeti a go. :face-icon-small-coo
After all My Snow check TS is coming with transport wheels.

Premium Features