• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Poor man's intake

I did the Cutler's headlight delete but I did not use there intake. I wanted to do something using boondockers filters at the stock intake holes but I found that they are very hard to get a hold of and pricey if you do find them. So I came up with my own plan using some 2 inch hose, pvc pipe, and some hose fittings as well as a piece of lexan for a block off plate.

DSCN0693.jpg DSCN0696.jpg DSCN0697.jpg DSCN0699.jpg DSCN0700.jpg DSCN0701.jpg

G
Jan 18, 2012
I used some USED air filters off a guys sled that he had kicking around up here... some PVC pipe and cemented them in the intake holes also after making my own headlight delete... bought some Prefilters to cover em and it looks GNARLY... but mine is not fully functional like yours. mine actually just there for looks I used a D&D Probreather Intake for my intake. nice build glad to see someone else trying some DIY stuff

The guagr is a little hight but I am 6'6 so that's where I wanted it the brackets are pretty stout so hopefully they will be tough enough.

I haven't had a chance to ride muCh yet but I think it should work well it does have some intake noise but I think it sounds mean. DIY is the way to go my buddies call my garage more time than money customs. Lol

Premium Features