• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Knock sensor question???

M

m7ryder

Sep 26, 2009
Can someone tell what to expect on my 09 m8 if it started to detonate. Is there a code or a light that comes on ???

Thanks in advance

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
think its code 21 or 22?.....and yes, the tool icon will flash then the code number, my 08 will also flash other random numbers when the knock sensor is going off

another thought - the deto sensor is crap, run good fuel if its piped/ported/etc, run better fuel if its got a turbo

Last edited:
S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
think its code 21 or 22?.....and yes, the tool icon will flash then the code number, my 08 will also flash other random numbers when the knock sensor is going off

another thought - the deto sensor is crap, run good fuel if its piped/ported/etc, run better fuel if its got a turbo

I was told that if the sensor kicks in, it goes into limp mode. True?

How do u get it out of limp mode?

I was gonna post this question, but I think its on the same line of thought as this thread so, shoot, I'll do it here.

New to the m8, so thx for the help.

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander

I was told that if the sensor kicks in, it goes into limp mode. True?

How do u get it out of limp mode?

I was gonna post this question, but I think its on the same line of thought as this thread so, shoot, I'll do it here.

New to the m8, so thx for the help.

Premium Features