• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

extra lite/extra 10

G

gogglefurnace

Dec 10, 2007
lava, idaho
anyone know the center to center distance on the skid hanger bolts on the extra lite 136 and or the extra 10 136? i have a little project for the grandkid on his 92 indy lite gt. (skid swap) . the center to center on his oem 133.5 skid is 25inches. on my 05 rmk 136 it is 28.5 inches. just trying to figure if something will bolt right up or if they will all require a rear hanger bracket setback. if its 6's, i'll spring for a lite or edge skid. if the extra 10 bolts right up, i'll keep it simple.

S
Mar 11, 2009
Washington
I just swapped a 133.5 xtra 10 for an xtra lite and I had to move both the front an rear mounting locations. The center to center distance is a little longer with the xtra lite. From what I've read, the newer 136 xtra 10 has the same mounting locations as the xtra lite.

G

gogglefurnace

Dec 10, 2007
lava, idaho
skid

so a guy better pay attention to the drive axle center-front skid bolt-to rear skid bolt distances. do you know when xtra-10 136 evolved into extra-lite 136 and then into the edge skid?

S
Mar 11, 2009
Washington
I'm pretty sure the xtra lite came out in 01 and the edge (at least the RMK edge) came out in 03. I've never seen a 136 xtra lite, only 144.

The only super critical measurement is from the front mount bolt to the rear mount bolt. The distance from the top of the tunnel to the front mount bolt can be tweaked when mixing and matching rear skids with front suspensions, and the distance from the driveshaft to the front bolt is only critical in terms of being able to set the track tension properly within the range of the adjusters. Since I went to 8 lug drivers, I moved the front mount location about 1/2" back farther than where I was originally going to mount it to maintain a better approach angle and so that I wouldn't be at the very back of the adjusters (I'm glad I did because I'm still about 2/3 back on the ajusters).

The distance between the mounting bolts is critical for the suspension to work properly.

G

gogglefurnace

Dec 10, 2007
lava, idaho
skid

okay, got it. i did some searches and got the actual oem measurements and some tweak ideas on some other threads on sno-west. turns out xtra-10 and xtra-lite have the same mounting locations. rmk is different but i have those measurments too. it doesn't matter what i buy there will be new mount holes probably front and rear. thanks

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
okay, got it. i did some searches and got the actual oem measurements and some tweak ideas on some other threads on sno-west. turns out xtra-10 and xtra-lite have the same mounting locations. rmk is different but i have those measurments too. it doesn't matter what i buy there will be new mount holes probably front and rear. thanks

what was the distance between mounts for the 10?

G

gogglefurnace

Dec 10, 2007
lava, idaho
skid

on the edge rmk 136-144 it is 28.25. oem from rear flat on the drive axle to oc on the front bolt is 8 3/8. on the extra 10 and extra lite it is 9 13/16. it turns out on my 92 indy lite gt the rear skid mount is about a 1/2 " setback and i will have to move the front hanger about 3 inches. this skid is 25" between mount bolts. so when i put on 8 tooth drivers for a better track the rear hanger will be perfect and i will move the front and be done with it. go to http://jbshocks.com . they have som pretty good info.

B
Nov 26, 2007

What is the distance for the RMK xtra-lite?

G

gogglefurnace

Dec 10, 2007
lava, idaho
skid

What is the distance for the RMK xtra-lite?

the way i get it the xtra-10 136 and xtra lite 136 are the same mount ups. 27 15/16 between hanger bolts. these are only one generation apart. when you get to the edge rmk 136 it changes. the only thing i don't know is if the edge rmk is also an xtra lite. this could lead to confusion. i think when they talk xtra-lite they mean gen-2.

M
Dec 16, 2008
Lacombe, Alberta
I have an xtra lite 136 I am trying to get right in a Bravo. I posted about it in the "what's your kids ride" thread and I thought I had it figured, but it ain't so. The skid is out of a 2001 700 RMK which makes it a gen II 136" xtra lite skid. I also looked it up on the JBShocks.com website and found the mounting hole spread should be 27 15/16" as googlefurnace said, BUT.... when the skid is on the bench with all shocks/springs in place and under no load I measure 28 5/16" centre to centre which is a red one longer than the edge 136" that googlefurnace also mentioned. And there is no way I can compress this thing to measure 27 15/16". Before I drill again, can anyone verify a theory........ If it is 28 5/16" (or 28 1/4") on the bench shouldn't it be 28 5/16" in the tunnel??????

G

gogglefurnace

Dec 10, 2007
lava, idaho
skid

all right.... 27 15/16 is correct. drill your holes. this is a defined distance. anytime you take the skid out, it will change the distance between the mounting holes as it is not preloaded. now if the distance between the drive axle and the front mount bolts is correct, put the front mount bolts in, then you will notice the rear mount bolts are way off. way down low at the top of the rails about straight across from where the spring adjuster is you will see a short part (about 3" tall) that the rear shock is hooked to.. ( the bottom of the rear shock).. get a bar or something and pry this part forward and you will see the rear hanger bolt holes start to come forward.it's quite easy with a bar. when they come forward , start your bolts, tighten it up, and that should be it after a track adjust.:present::present:

ilovepowder

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2009
Cold Spring mn
stores.ebay.com
136 xtra lite in 03 edge x

Hey I saw you talking about the 136 xtra lite and mounting holes distance. Well I am putting a 13 in an 03 edge x and am having a little trouble. I got the 27-15/16 for center to center correct, however what is the distance from the drive shaft to the front mounting bolt supposed to be? I measure from the center of the driveshaft to the center of the hole to be 10.5 but I am having problems with my track being to tight. Any help?
Jim

Premium Features