• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Login won't "remember me"

wrtmani

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Mt
Every time I go to forum homepage from another site I get a pop-up message below my IE toolbar with the message "It appears you have not registered with our online communtity. To post, chat, and enjoy our advanced features, please click here to join...". I log-in and click the "Remember Me" box but to no avail. Happens every time I leave and come back to the site.

I know I can open new tabs or windows to view other sites, but that gets kind of cluttered at times. I updated my status to "PAID" member (not because of this) and it still happens...

I'm not a computer whiz by any means so anyone at SW have a suggestion??

Thanks!

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
I think I figured it out my little snowest nightmare...by dumb luck:face-icon-small-con

windows 7, i-explorer

Tools/Internet Options/general tab/browsing history/settings/check for newer versions of stored webpages/select "every time I visit the webpage"

And it works...I messed with the privacy setting later and it still works when I returned them to the mid level settings.

No more multiple log ons or refreshing issues:D

Hope this helps somebody else.

Here is one suggestion from another member, I will look for others.

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
This one was posted by Christopher,

One of the most common reasons people encounter problems with the SnoWest forums is because they do not have their Internet Browser "Cookies" enabled.

A cookie is a small piece of text stored on your computer in your Internet browser.
The cookie is used for SnoWest member authentication, session tracking, storing your preferences and your shopping cart contents.

As text, cookies are not executable. Because they are not executed, they cannot replicate themselves and are not viruses. Your anti-spyware products may warn you about some cookies because cookies can be used to track some of your activities, though the SnoWest cookie is quite harmless and passive. Your browser will allow you to decide whether to accept cookies, and the time frame to keep them, but rejecting cookies makes SnoWest unusable.!

=====

How to Enable Cookies in Firefox

Locate Cookies Within Firefox
Step 1 Access your cookies. From the top menu bar, open the Tools menu (Windows) or the Firefox menu (Mac). When a drop-down menu appears, pick Options for Windows and Preferences for a Mac.
Step 2 Click on the Privacy icon. Look for the box labeled Cookies.
Enable Cookies in Firefox
Step 1 Check the box next to 'Accept Cookies From Sites.' Scroll through the menu next to the words 'Keep Until' and choose the appropriate option.
Step 2 Use the 'Exceptions' button to make specific exceptions to the rule to accept all cookies. Click this button, and you'll see a dialog box appear. Type the address of a Web site that you don't want to accept a cookie from. Once you've typed in the URL, select 1 of the 3 buttons 'Block,' 'Allow For Session,' or 'Allow.'
Step 3 Close the box and then click on 'Show Cookies' to see all the current cookies on your computer. Finally, to enable cookies in Firefox click 'OK' for Windows or close the preferences box for a Mac.
==========

How to Enable Cookies on Microsoft Internet Explorer 8

Step 1 Open Internet Explorer 8, select "Tools" and then choose "Internet Options."
Step 2 Select the "Privacy" tab in the "Internet Options" dialog box and then move the slider under "Settings" to your desired cookie settings. If you would like Internet Explorer 8 to accept all cookies, move the slider all the way down until you see "Accept All Cookies" phrase in bold letters.
Step 3 Click on the "Advanced" button if you would like to customize your cookie settings, select the "Override automatic cookie handling, and then set your preferences.
Click on the "Apply" button and then select "OK" to apply your selected preferences.

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Here is one suggestion from another member, I will look for others.

Nope that didn't work for me either. This is getting old. Same thing happens when I try to log in from work. Stupid snowest.

wrtmani

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Mt
Nope that didn't work for me either. This is getting old. Same thing happens when I try to log in from work. Stupid snowest.

Didn't work for me either. As far as the "cookies enabled" thing, my setting is at "medium" on the "slider bar" in IE7. I don't have this problem on other sites that I go to that I have logins saved (Snowmobile Fanatics, Hardcore Sledder, RCCrawler.com, etc.)

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
Didn't work for me either. As far as the "cookies enabled" thing, my setting is at "medium" on the "slider bar" in IE7. I don't have this problem on other sites that I go to that I have logins saved (Snowmobile Fanatics, Hardcore Sledder, RCCrawler.com, etc.)

I'm no expert myself, but if you have a bad "Cookie" it could give you problems.
Also, are you using "snowestonline.com" or are you being redirected from "snowest.com" for your first login?

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
i was having the same problem and just fixed it by changing the link address. it was snowest.com and i changed it to snowestonline.com i had tried everything else and i didn't work.

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Changed mine to snowestonline.com, did everything above, also cleaned out and dumped all cookies. I still have to log in every freaking time!

Once again, THI IS THE ONLY WEBSITE I AM HAVING ISSUES WITH!

But I am sure it is something on my end right? :lol:

wrtmani

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Mt
:embarassed:

Okay, so the web address did start with snowest.com... musta switched to snowestonline once I logged in?...:smash:

Thanks everyone for the help--I'll go back to my hole now...

wrtmani

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Mt
went to click on "montana" in riding areas forum this morning, went too fast and clicked "browse riding areas" instead. it changed the address bar to snowest.com and the little message popped up again

Otherwise i've not seen it since changing my fav to snowestonline.com

Premium Features