• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lets see your old twins and triples...

B
Nov 27, 2007
Rovaniemi, Finland
Can't believe you sold it! Where are the finished product pics? You can't just leave me with one!

Don't worry - I put stock (but ported) 700cc into sled just before selling the sled :) 790 is waiting new project... I think it may go on water - maybe? :face-icon-small-con It needs crank, pistons and EFI! I hate carbs :face-icon-small-coo

This is the last pic of the sled in action. It was very very fun and easy to drive. Kind of combination of M-series and XP. Too bad we have "kaamos" (darkness) and there's no sun for couple months... hard to take pictures - especially with cellphone :)
main.php

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
I no longer own this sled but, it was a '95 ZRT800........ended up being a case / cyl. ported 1000 that flatted ripped it! Stripped of damn near everthing in a "diet" effort, stretched to 159", drop and rolled chaincase, Cutler alum. bulkhead, the list goes on and on.....

Good times for a few years. Nothing is quite like the sweet sound of a well tuned triple! :)

The "real flame" paint was the most recent pics. Some of the pics from Togwotee show an old school "El Tigre" scheme. It was fun.

DSC00759.jpg DSC00772.jpg New Camera 182.jpg New Camera 210.jpg

B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
96ish PS 580

Ha... started as a 96 ps I bought for 3500 with my Dad in 9th grade. Within 2 rides lost the primary clutch, had to replace that.. then began the fun...

first in the winter of 98 I bent the tunnel, which had to be reinforced from the inside out (man was my dad pissed)

Then upgraded the shocks and to the roller secondary kit. Also wanted to be able to carry gas into the back country, so built the aluminum box for the back to replace the stock plastic one. Then got a set of twin pipes in 2000 from a buddy I rode with, holy smokes, NO packing left in the silencers! Then that winter to get rid of more weight I built the mesh hood by bending and riviting aluminum strapping with a canvas cover with my own venting and headlight. Great sled... just TORE UP XLT's and hung with most PS's until I was running with the RMK 700's.. boy did that old AWS chassis float in the deep. Miss that ole thing!

Burck

water skip 2.jpg PC220061.jpg sled2.jpg sled4.JPG winerstuff 010.jpg winerstuff 011.jpg winerstuff 019.jpg

F
Dec 10, 2007
Yellowknife, NWT
ZR 720 predator mod

Started life as a ZR 600 EFI LE, and since i have gotten a hold of it i changed it to carb bolted a D&D 720 with slp twin pipes, IQR 600 carbs modified( used them cause my F5 carbs wouldnt clear the stearing post and a frame bracket) Uni Pods, power special clear tank and seat, mountain cat tunnel 144not mounted yet as waiting to get some rails and a track, just got it running the other day and it runs awesome waiting to try it out in some snow more pictures when winter hits and i finish off my IQR

ZR 720 big bore.jpg Zr 720 big bore 1.jpg ZR 720 big bore 2.jpg ZR 720 big bore 3.jpg ZR 720 big bore 4.jpg

T
Apr 20, 2009
Washington
2001 800 MC engine Not complete F/S

I know this is not the swap meet section. Just trying to save someone time when looking for parts. PM for part info
Mostly lower end minus crank
Thanks

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
This is Monster

Totally modded T-Cat known as Monster:

IMG_0880.jpg

IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0882.jpg

D & D prepared 1000 triple, rated 220 hp
Dropped and Rolled Chain Case
Light weight hood
Boss Seat
Custom Tunnel
Track 159 X 15 X 2.25"
Weight 478 lbs w/half tank of fuel
Track speed climbing 90 to 100 mph
CPC front suspension
Simmons Skis
Super HyFax
Avenger Digital Guages

Monster may be old school, but it is still an very serious sled.

Last edited:

VTMTcowboy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Reeb, that is quite amazing from start to finish! It is always really neat to see what people can do with time and hard work.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Reeb, that is quite amazing from start to finish! It is always really neat to see what people can do with time and hard work.

Worked some serious bugs out of her. The pipes ended up giving me the most grief. CR cut them to fit the bodywork of the 1M and front dumped them for me using the PSI stingers. I had them ceramic coated in the old chassis and they worked perfect. In this chassis with the configuration it took some tweaking but it runs very strong now. It's gained some weight in the form of stock bolts and CM shafts instead of Al of Ti. Haven't weighed it in 4-5 years? Been powdercoated, but lost weight in the skis and floats.....I love it to pieces. Infact tmrw it gets a new 156x2.5x16 CE. :party:

Here's my old turd before modification
24373064006_large.jpg

and after some choppin'
24373064007_large.jpg

94 ZRT800 chassis, chopped up with a cross country tunnel (nice because of the long exchangers), then extended, 900 heads on a 1000 motor. 153x2.25 with enough space for 3" track. C&A somethin-or-other skis. Polaris RMK skid ;). Factory snow flap. also got rid of that fail ridden stock windshield for something a little lower... handlebars were hitting it.

YEAH BUDDY!

Got more pics of the build if anyone is interested...

-DD

Triple_trouble

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2010
Marquette, WI
1997 Zrt 600
- 15x144x1.5 Camoplast cross-country track (*recent: was 144" ripsaw 1.25)
- Rail extensions with 8" idler wheels
- Whal Bros 8 tooth anti-ratchet drivers
- King Cat Handlebars (Firecat controls)
- Acerbis handguards (*recent)
- Homemade left hand throttle (*recent)
- Uni-filters
- SLP Powder Pro's
- 2000 zr rear skid (*recent)

Well, here is what I drove out and saw (actually it was dark the first time I looked but came back the next day)

97ZRT600mc.jpg

97ZRT600mc2.jpg

Well I was not feeling the strange color mix, but I did like the graphics that were from a 2003 firecat sabercat edition like the F5 the guy had in the yard... It rode pretty decent and seemed to go through what I put it through so I bought it.

Since:

97ZRT600mc1.jpg

Amazing what a can of spray paint, a new windshield, and handguards will help...

97ZRT600mc2-1.jpg

No more paint on the tunnel, but that seat has to go...

97ZRT600mc4.jpg

97ZRT600mc5.jpg

I am building my own lefty throttle. So far, less than $30 into it. Sure beats the $85-$150 they want for them...

97ZRT600mc3.jpg

The new seat will most likely be more of a mountain style seat so no more double tail light (no bulb in the seat light currently)

97ZRT600mc7.jpg

This track was too short of a lug so I put a Camoplast 15x144x1.5 Cross Country on it. Next year may have the ability for a 2" lug after some other mods... Have some reseach to do before that...

97ZRT600mc6.jpg

I need more front ground clearance.

Mods that I have in the works:
- Mountain mod seat (unsure what I want to do yet. Boss is too much $$$ and would like to have a trunk still where a mountain seat doesn't usually)
- Dimple boards and wider board (turns out I will be needing a new tunnel anyways) Also needs new extension.

Mods that I am trying to decide on:
- Cooling mods to relocate front heat exchanger for front clearance for 2" track and tunnel exchanger relocate to either a firecat running board edge exchanger or inside corners of tunnel similar to the mountain cats
- Drop and roll (not sure whats involved or how much I need it)
- Weight loss (major undertaking)
- Cyl spacer (stacked gaskets)
- AGLT with 2000 zr arms and shocks, M-series single rate springs
(This is for more suspension travel, but downside is a 46" ski stance...)
- May also try a slightly longer shock with the stock arms

And I am open to ideas and suggestions...

K
Nov 6, 2008
Prince George, B.C.
Here is my 99 ZR 700, elkholm tunnel, 144x16, dropped and rolled, extroverts, titanium jack shaft, 2003 zr body, m8 style tall bars. slp ultra lite skis, snow stuff stinger, gutted airbox, ported and polished cyle and case, boysen power reeds, and AEM ait fuel ratio meter. Did everything but tunnel and drop and roll myself. Love this sled.
sled.jpg

Here i am on top of Mt baldy south of Prince George b4 the body kit
sledding.jpg

Last edited:

Triple_trouble

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2010
Marquette, WI
Smaller drivers will be much easier than redoing the cooling system.... I run a 2" on my ZRT this way. FYI... the 1M suspensions are interchangable on the front.

Already has the 8-tooth anti-ratchets and I didn't really want to go down to a 7. I would personally rather do a drop and roll on the chaincase. Finding a good 1m front suspension for a fair price isn't really easy.

Maybe someone else is getting snow this year...

Who else out there is still rocking their old tanks?

Last edited:
Premium Features