• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'19 Silber Turbo possible leak?

Iowa__Freeriders

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2010
NW Iowa
Hey guys, just installed the Silber turbo kit on my new 2019 hardcore. i injected the blue line with Ctec2 oil which turns to a braided steel line that connects to the top of the turbo. after doing that and running the sled for about a minute i noticed a little oil coming out toward the exahust side of the turbo where the bolts are that hold it together, wondering if this is normal or if i should be concerned? pic attached

turbo leak 3.jpg

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
My 850 kit , from last year, had same thing going on. Just a slight amount. Never had any problems and ran awesome. I did call justin. Never come up with anything. My axys kit from the year before that never did it but the doo 850 did. It was just barely any but was there.

F
Nov 5, 2017
Nevada
If it's going out the turbine, then it's not going out the compressor/not feeding your engine.
This IS an issue. Pretty easy to remove your turbine housing and check to confirm oil leak location. Call silber too, oil on the hot side causes issues

R
Sep 13, 2014
Was anything ever figured out with this? I’m having the same issue but with an axys kit. My leak also seems to be worse but I ran my sled for probably 20 miles before noticing

Iowa__Freeriders

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2010
NW Iowa
Was anything ever figured out with this? I’m having the same issue but with an axys kit. My leak also seems to be worse but I ran my sled for probably 20 miles before noticing

nope mine went away after riding it, i believe mine was self inflicted as i put a large amount of oil in the supply tube causing oil to pool inside the turbo before running it. runs great!

R
Sep 13, 2014
nope mine went away after riding it, i believe mine was self inflicted as i put a large amount of oil in the supply tube causing oil to pool inside the turbo before running it. runs great!

Yeah I think I did the same thing. Talked to silber the other day and that was one of the things they mentioned. I know we put a lot of oil in mine lol. Glad to hear yours worked out

Premium Features