• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

what to do polaris cant fix my sled

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
ive been having on going problems with 3 check engine flashes "intake temp sensor" voltage to high or to low. i took it to my dealer all my sensors check out good, they checked all my wireing ect ect. so they took all my ecu parameters cold,warm,hot and sent them to polaris factory tech and they couldnt find anything wrong with it either there all stumped.

i put a brand new fuel controller on it "attitude industries" thought maybe it was that. with no such luck. but one thing that makes me think it has something to do with it is on the orange blue setting i have no idea what it does but it has something to do with the intake temp sensor and its suppose to be on 4 1/2 and if it is i get a check engine light if i put it on 1 i dont get a check engine light but it still runs like crap but better.

1/4 throttle it cuts out and runs on one cylinder
1/2 throttle it cuts out but instead of running on one cylinder it acts just like i hit the kill switch and bogs then pics back up running fine then cuts out again but about 3-5 sec intervals
WOT it runs for about 50yards then bogg like i hit kill switch for 2-3 seconds then pics back up ALL OF THIS REPEATS

I

IceCap

Nov 27, 2007
B.C.
I would suspect the voltage regulator and or stator.
Also check all kill switches.

Super Dave3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2003
Klamath Falls OR
Have you tried taking all the aftermarket bulls$it you have on your sled and trying it that way? That way you will know where to look.

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
ive unhooked everything i could with no luck. if i take my fuel controler off i have to take my twins off and thats not going to happen because i know its not the pipes, ive put alot of miles on them with no probs its about gotta be a the damn fuel box even though its brand new

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
They are similar to a Walbro pump like the ones used in a Chevy...BUT... they dont have the same pickup fitting.

You have a lot of variables in the equation....

I Agree with Super Dave3 on this...put it back to stock... then work from there... once fixed... you can bring it back up to "mod status".

Good luck

J
Oct 12, 2002
Idaho, Meridian
They are similar to a Walbro pump like the ones used in a Chevy...BUT... they dont have the same pickup fitting.

You have a lot of variables in the equation....

I Agree with Super Dave3 on this...put it back to stock... then work from there... once fixed... you can bring it back up to "mod status".

Good luck

They are the same pump, the pick-up fitting comes off and can be moved over to the new chevy pump. I know cause I've done it.:face-icon-small-dis

JERK HAHA well i keep getting the 3flash code i dont understand why it would be related to the fuel pump.?

I was just going off the symptoms you gave us and it was similar to what we went through, it might not be a pump at all.

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
They are the same pump, the pick-up fitting comes off and can be moved over to the new chevy pump. I know cause I've done it.:face-icon-small-dis

2008+ CFi fuel pump (Walbro)
CFipump.jpg

How did you remove the white plastic end of this pump?

Do you have pics?

Sincere question that might save others some $$.

J
Oct 12, 2002
Idaho, Meridian
2008+ CFi fuel pump (Walbro)
CFipump.jpg

How did you remove the white plastic end of this pump?

Do you have pics?

Sincere question that might save others some $$.

Ahhh I now see the confusion...the pump I've changed out (twice) does not look like that. well it sorta looks like that but the pick up side has a black plastic nipple that clips onto the pump and points 90 degrees over. I took the pump into my local auto parts store and it crossed straight over to a GM pump. I then popped the black nipple off the old pump and put it on the new one.

Maybe its an earlier model pump set up?? Its in an IQR CFI conversion.

The sled would be hard to start, have dead spots, randomly die ect, when the pump would be going out.

T
Nov 29, 2007
440dart have 3 sleds here with the exact same symptoms 1 completely stock 2 with different clutch setups and cans all doing the same thing we have tried several different things with no luck so if you find the problem please PM me thanks

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
so is yours getting the 3flashes???? i just gave up on it got tired of it so its just sitting at polaris i havnt even cared to go pick it up

Feb 28, 2010
what do your spark plugs look like? The motor is reading a trouble every time it bog's and shuts down. my sled boged first then shut down after a blown cylinder. Dealer is saying my oil pump wasn't working probley.

chris

Cardiac Kid

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2001
All except the 1/4 throttle cutting out, it does sound like a classic fuel supply issue, either filter or pump. It seems a little strange that at a 1/4 throttle it will not pick back up and at 1/2 and at 3/4 throttle it will, but maybe it has to do with which set of injectors it is running on.

Jet fuel did you have a part number and a picture on the pump you found at the auto parts store?

T
Nov 29, 2007
we're running 91 tried some iso heat changed fuel filters, clutch springs, weights you name it we've probably tried it should have never gotten rid of the 07 d7

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
i run 50/50 of pump and 110 it stumbles everywhere. attitude industries told me to try it with the intake temp sensor wired back to stock. just dont make sense to wire it like that obviously they have it for a reason.

omernikski

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2003
Minocqua, WI/ Foxboro, WI
For ****s and grins pull your recoil off and check the flywheel, my brothers sled went through the same thing, ended up having a guy from Roseau come down and found the flywheel had broke loose from the hub thus cutting the voltage to the sled because it was spinning slower than the rpm's the motor was turning. costed polaris 2 motors before they figured that one out.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Montana
stator

I was having the same issues on my 07 D7. I thought it was the attitude box but it was tested good. I finally got the service tech trouble shooting info for the voltage regulator/rectifier and stator. The stator was bad. The problem was the extended warranty would not cover it because I had installed the attitude controller. "The sled was modified". It would run fine until it warmed up and started putting a good load on it, then it would fall on it's face when on the throttle. I haven't been able to ride it since because my TPS sensor connector had a broken wire after the shop had put the stator in. Look at the voltage indicator on the right hand side when riding you should have almost all the bars showing.......

Premium Features