• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Walker evans air shocks?

G

ggcustoms

Dec 4, 2007
NW Wisconsin
Does anyone know where you can buy Walker Evans shocks? Their website isnt very good and a Polaris dealer probably wouldnt be the cheapest. Looking at getting a set of those Walker Evans Air Piggybacks that are on the new Assault. Thanks for the input.

B

Bull

Jan 20, 2004
colorado
what are you planning on putting them on? the eye to eye on the assault is longer than any other RAW IQ models....they only fit on the assault. Have a new set of WE Airs, takeoffs that have never been used.....PM if interested.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
From what I'm hearing the WE Air Piggyback "Assault" will be available in December to the public... They are longer than standard RMK shocks (the front end is wider than the RMK). The price, from what I hear, will be in the $1000/pair neighborhood and will be available thru Purepolaris.com... which is less than replacement parts thru your dealer.

I'd go with a good set of ARS-FX Coilover shocks with triple rate springs in place of the new un-proven WE Airs from the Assault. ARS cost about $850 for the pair.

The Zolinger boys will set you up with the shocks/springs that are dialed into your weight, sled, and riding style and make sure that it is correct. This is included in the price of the shock AND they are super easy to deal with directly to get exactly what you want. With the Triple rate springs, you can pull the swaybar to ditch about 6 lbs and also have very good on trail performance in the corners. Something that is not possible with the stock RMK shocks or WE std-airs. The Zolingers know this chassis very well and how to set it up for YOUR riding style. They stand behind their shocks.

IMO, a coilover shock will take much more pounding than the WE Airs... The WE air shocks, not to be confused with thier needlevalve shocks, are a relatively basic shock, even in the "piggyback" configuration. They have a specific temperature range in which they work well and do not, according to WE themselves, work well in very cold temps.

The assaults are NOT field adjustable shocks... they require a full nitrogen filling station to "tune" them the same as the Dragon WE airs... the Assault shocks just have a second rate chamber for the hard hits. Assault shocks do not have compression or rebound adjustment.

The Assault shocks DO have that "bling" factor though! (the ARS do too)

assault2.jpg

ARS1.jpg

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I hope that WE goes to the hard chrome finish on thier shock rods and get rid of the K-Mart quality anodizing that they are running... the pic above looks like chrome, but the prototypes are running the same cheap-azz, fragile, shock rods they have been using since the introduction.

Come on WE and Polaris, Make a better shock that is not prone to tearing up seals and leaking!!!

S

snoboy

Dec 4, 2007
Maple Valley Wa
I here ya on the chrome. I took a small step and put the Lizard skinz covers on which should at least add a little protection. They were less than 20 bucks shipped and at least protect from ice and sticks.

Premium Features