• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WHO is building Turbos for the new E-Tec 850?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Yup, I love when I hear a bunch of no ways and nevers...

This engine makes it more of a likely in my books.
Way cheaper for BRP to offer a big power option this way than design another engine to compete with Yamaha.

How about this thought....I bet BRP has an 850 turbo running around already. They like to test their stuff quite extensively.
Another likely for my books

My experience with Yamaha was that there were definately After market Turbo manufacturer's that got More Yamaha Corporate "LOVE" than others did...

I would guess that is the same with BRP, but I honestly don't know as I am the new kid on the BRP block right now.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
My experience with Yamaha was that there were definately After market Turbo manufacturer's that got More Yamaha Corporate "LOVE" than others did...

I would guess that is the same with BRP, but I honestly don't know as I am the new kid on the BRP block right now.

You'll always have that happen with the "corporate love" no matter the OEM.

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
Silber

Silber seems to be coming out with a kit for the 850. Not sure on release date. As soon as we popped the panels off the new 850 first thing we wondered was is brp gunna do factory turbo soon? W the motor improvements and how it looks and sits in chassis it's possible!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Silber seems to be coming out with a kit for the 850. Not sure on release date. As soon as we popped the panels off the new 850 first thing we wondered was is brp gunna do factory turbo soon? W the motor improvements and how it looks and sits in chassis it's possible!
Will certainly be fun to watch this fall.

rmk all the way

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Dayton Wa
I ran across this on Facebook the other day and was kind of shocked they had one out on the snow already.
efe9ca7e96fd737e33cf2ec09882afa1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
Fueling

I am really...really curious to see what comes in the way of fuel/timing control. It would be really cool for the doo faithful if the "boost injectors" could handle 7lbs. That could be irrelevant if they cant get into the ECM.

LOOOOONG SUMMER!

rocks rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Flat Tops Colorado
That just lets you know they have a good relationship with BRP.
Not suprised they already have an 850 Aerocharger on the snow already, Calvin's dad owns Felker Motorsports in Loveland Co. and they pretty much have the Aerocharger dialed in on the 800 E-tec. Calvin was and still may be an Ambassador for BRP and I believe he works full time for Aerocharger now. I seen a pic of the 850/Aero floating around the web a few months ago.

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
Silber

I'm not trying to talk silber up at all but I'm going to bc of the quality they bring to the table and reliability which is what we all want. I have two silber sleds this year and put 800 hard miles on each... One at 7 lbs 163x3 and one at 5 lbs 163x2.6! I have changed 1 belt all year. My friend got 2600 miles with no more than basic up keep. No buttons or fooling around bolt it all on in 2 hours clutching is awesome and go! Change boost with a spring change. Flawless kits and they always kill everyone else's prices and service. Call Justin at silber they're the real deal

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
And these were on a Ski Doo?

I'm not trying to talk silber up at all but I'm going to bc of the quality they bring to the table and reliability which is what we all want. I have two silber sleds this year and put 800 hard miles on each... One at 7 lbs 163x3 and one at 5 lbs 163x2.6! I have changed 1 belt all year. My friend got 2600 miles with no more than basic up keep. No buttons or fooling around bolt it all on in 2 hours clutching is awesome and go! Change boost with a spring change. Flawless kits and they always kill everyone else's prices and service. Call Justin at silber they're the real deal

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
Silber

My two are on axys...my buddies on the XM 154" that got 2600-2800 miles. Never had one issue. Don't matter what you put a silber on it always runs great. This year he's doing the 850

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
Only speaking from experience.... All the silber kits I've been around or own rocked. Never seen one take away a day from my group. Can't wait to ride the 850 boosted

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
I've seen a Silber on a T3 174 and there was a terrible stumble from standstill that made tree riding impossible. Not impressed with Silber's performance in the E-TECs. Can't imagine it'll be better on the 850 but we will see.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
For a few yrs you've been hearing the wives tale of a 2 stroke turbo coming oem from Brp, always the same story, same old wife telling it and again it wont happen.. EVER.

No way is BRP ever getting into bed with any aftermarket toy kit seller in any way. warranty and consistency make turbo charged 2 strokes a HOT ROD item. .

picture.php

Premium Features