• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

anyone installed a boondocker sidekick on a ski doo?

S

sthelenssldnx

Dec 8, 2013
Island Park, ID
i mean their smaller one with 10 lbs of boost, not their larger more powerful models. i know it has worked well with the Polaris but it was designed with help from Polaris. I notice the one they sell for skidoo they dont even call it the sidekick even though it is the same thing. just curious of anyone has installed one of these kits on a doo and if so how reliable was it?

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I don't believe they've even sold a sidekick kit for the Doo yet. It is advertised, but I think any kit they've sold for the Doo were all pre sidekick kits so far. So long story short, no, I don't think anyone besides Boondocker has even seen a Sidekick kit yet.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I don't think they have any testing on one either. They are using the success of the Axys Sidekick to sell people 850 kits that have no zero testing done yet. I think this year is a really good year to take off from building a turbo. I'm not going to put a Turbo on either of my new 850's...

H

Highmarker01

Feb 15, 2010
ski-doo xm turbo

Boondockers is a good turbo .. but they have a way to go to get them running on a skidoo..

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007

2014xm

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
There's 4 kits on their website... GT,MTA, sidekick and sidekick x are for the 850 They told me probably late December before they are even released. I don't know if they will have them for xm....

Last edited:
Premium Features