• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Knee Pads

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
Alright, is there a comfortable knee pad out there someplace?

Pretty much everyday im up and down on my knees (kneeling down on carpet, assault, concrete, wood floors, tiles, etc) and for the life of me, i cant seem to find a knee pad that i like! What i mean by comfortable is i would like something that doesnt move side to side, i would like something that holds firm up against your knee and basically just something that is comfortable to wear all the time!

I get annoyed with the different knee pads that i use!

Ideas????

I thought about making a pair for my own liking but we'll see what happens.

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
sorry Andy ...jus had to be a dink ......maybe you should consider a career without soooo much lip service .......just a thought ...yer buddy Mike

huh? :confused:

It aint a career by any means! NO way do i want the job that im doing now to be a career! No man, dont make me think that way! :eek: lol

Also, i mean just messing around outside or in the garage working on stuff.. no knee pads like me! :rolleyes:

Snorider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2008
have you tried molded gel pads, i usually get about 2 months outta em but they are pretty thin but enough padding to keep the knees happy. being thin is one of the major things that keep them from sliding to the side.

when i was doing tile and hardwood floors i got turned on to them

H
Jan 28, 2004
huh? :confused:

It aint a career by any means! NO way do i want the job that im doing now to be a career! No man, dont make me think that way! :eek: lol

Also, i mean just messing around outside or in the garage working on stuff.. no knee pads like me! :rolleyes:

I think you missed the point. Get a job that doesnt SUCK so much and you wont spend so much time on your knees...:D

H
Aug 29, 2001
www.skillers.com

these pants are a miracle, i work for frito lay so i stock chips on shelves bottom to top these pants are awesome. put the knee pads in and you can drop on your knees as hard as you want. lets put it this way i have the option of wearing shorts in summer and i choose these pants for the knee pads

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
Wow sweet! thanks guys!

As some may know, i got knee probs from my hockey playing days. So, Ill be checking out those sites!! :D

Last edited:
A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
Well Andrew, did ya find them kneepads you was needin?...lol

lol nah, not yet but getting close! i like those ones that you had mentioned and what hesse mentioned - had never heard of those before.. some of the others i've heard of but, havent looked into them much. Prolly will now.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
lol nah, not yet but getting close! i like those ones that you had mentioned and what hesse mentioned - had never heard of those before.. some of the others i've heard of but, havent looked into them much. Prolly will now.
yea, I ruptured the sack in the front of my knee a couple of years ago, went to one of the best orthopedic surgeons up here...He turned me on to those pads..they are by far the baddest I have ever seen...

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
yea, I ruptured the sack in the front of my knee a couple of years ago, went to one of the best orthopedic surgeons up here...He turned me on to those pads..they are by far the baddest I have ever seen...

Great! thatll help!

:( I think ill havet to go in a orthopedic soon.. :rolleyes:

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Great! thatll help!

:( I think ill havet to go in a orthopedic soon.. :rolleyes:

I have one knee that sounds like someone thru a junkyard in it..but amazingly my knee's are both in excellent shape....mines from years of motocross racing and work...take care of them...once you damage a knee..it is junk for life..no matter what they do to it...

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
I have one knee that sounds like someone thru a junkyard in it..but amazingly my knee's are both in excellent shape....mines from years of motocross racing and work...take care of them...once you damage a knee..it is junk for life..no matter what they do to it...

Dang dude, that sucks! atleast they're better now!

Ive been a butthead. back in my hockey days, i screwed my right knee up in 10th grade and it was bothering me off and on ever since my senior year and i never went to my doc or anything.. but, its starting to get a lot, lot worse and i need to get this thing checked out ! It would even give out on me when sidehilling and stuff like that while riding this past year.

Im hoping after i get my wisdom teeth pulled (on friday) i can make an appointment!

Last edited:
G

Good to Go

Banned
Nov 21, 2007
North Bend, WA
Andy,

Those CLC ones that 94Fordguy posted up have been the best... Most of the guys that I work with ware them, stay on pretty much all day. They are not that expensive, they are comfortable, and they actually stay in place. Been using them for the past 5 years or so...

Dave

Premium Features