• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Evolution Powersports Stainless Steel Viper Headers are Complete!

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
We have completed our headers for the NA Vipers. We have also found that these work VERY well on boosted Vipers - especially when combined with our raised rev limit flash. Because of better flow, our headers allow the turbo to spool faster as well as being more responsive. Our headers give us about 5 more hp than the stock headers at the same boost pressure. They are also MUCH less prone to cracking due to the high grade stainless and TIG welding used in their construction. The flange is located in the same spot as the stock header so all turbo systems that use the stock flange will work with our headers.

More VERY cool products for Turbo Vipers are coming soon!

HEADERS3_zpsc72c61ad.png

HEADERS2_zps448bee94.png

S

seano700

Dec 10, 2007
Peace River, Ab
Endurance testing?

How has the longevity been with these running turbos?
I understand the new cat headers are pretty weak, so Im defiantly interested.
Replacing the stock header in the parking lot all the time doesnt sound to fun to me.

S

SylvanLaker

Nov 26, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB. Canada
very nicely built. however the flex joints you are using usually don't last.. definitely a serviceable item. When we build our boosted headers we had no luck with any manufacturer of this type. Did you guys look into other flex joints? We couldn't find anything better.. It would be nice if a header like this had a way of changing them out without having to cut and weld.. Again very nice work..

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
very nicely built. however the flex joints you are using usually don't last.. definitely a serviceable item. When we build our boosted headers we had no luck with any manufacturer of this type. Did you guys look into other flex joints? We couldn't find anything better.. It would be nice if a header like this had a way of changing them out without having to cut and weld.. Again very nice work..

Thank you for the praise. With respect to the flex joints - we have been using them on the Arctic Cat 1100T for 3 years and have not had any issues - even at 350+ hp. We also use them on some of our turbo automotive applications again with no issues.

S

SylvanLaker

Nov 26, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB. Canada
Thank you for the praise. With respect to the flex joints - we have been using them on the Arctic Cat 1100T for 3 years and have not had any issues - even at 350+ hp. We also use them on some of our turbo automotive applications again with no issues.

Hey that's awesome, where do you guys source them? i'd like to maybe try that manufacturer on our headers.. Thx in advance...

Dave

T

Tarzannr1

Aug 16, 2010
North in Norway
www.youtube.com
will be good to get some feedback from riders on how they are performing.
Why? Evolution writes here:We have completed our headers for the NA Vipers. We have also found that these work VERY well on boosted Vipers - especially when combined with our raised rev limit flash. Because of better flow, our headers allow the turbo to spool faster as well as being more responsive. Our headers give us about 5 more hp than the stock headers at the same boost pressure. They are also MUCH less prone to cracking due to the high grade stainless and TIG welding used in their construction. The flange is located in the same spot as the stock header so all turbo systems that use the stock flange will work with our headers.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Why? Evolution writes here:We have completed our headers for the NA Vipers. .

it_photo_119452.jpg

Because while I greatly appreciate manufacturers that think highly of their products and put in the time and effort to test them, i value the comments of REAL WORLD END USERS FAR MORE.

Its one of the reasons I spend so much of MY own personal money buying products and testing them here to share my results with other SnoWest members!
Yamaha Installation and Reviews
http://www.snowest.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=361

Chances are that EVOPS has created a top of the line set of Stainless Steel Headers that will perform just as they have advertised. Having crossed paths with the guys at EVOPS in the past, I would be seriously disappointed if their product was anything less than advertised.

I guess I am just Old School.
I grew up during the Cold War, and served in the Army "back in the day".
I have always followed this simple admonition..

20131202_trustbutverifyreaganLARGE.JPG

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Rightfully So.

That being said I think there are alot of options for the viper. To date I do not know if any aftermarket has offered a NA specific remap for the genesis engine. Personally if I was in the market for viper parts I would get on the bandwagon early if it is a must have because November, December and January is a hard time to get the product built fast enough.

Premium Features