• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ProNytro V2

K

Kennyspec

Feb 6, 2010
I was playing around in bend tech for a bit today, changed some things to the design. I am currently waiting on a right side bulkhead to use the inner chaincase for this build and waiting on my clutch alignment tool before I mount the motor. I am planning on mounting the jackshaft first, then aligning the motor to the jackshaft.

New design

rmking700

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2014
Utah
How are you guys attaching these to the bottom part of the bulkhead?

K

Kennyspec

Feb 6, 2010
There will be plate welded to the red tubes at the front and attach to existing holes at the bottom of the pro bulkhead.

K

Kennyspec

Feb 6, 2010
got a little more done on the sled today. I picked up my inner chaincase and started cutting it out of the bulkhead.

still needs a lot more trimming but I think I am going to weld it to a flat alum plate and then mount that to the tubes.

jackshaft placement

alignment bar shows that I am close on the center to center distance. I am going to mount the jackshaft perfectly square to the chassis and then build the engine mounts and make sure to get perfect belt alignment.

K

Kennyspec

Feb 6, 2010
Tacked to my plate

Clearance on the pto side should be ok

Clearance at full shift out

K

Kennyspec

Feb 6, 2010
I got the chaincase cut out a bit more and fitting in the engine frame. I think I am going to run a extra tube near the black line to make it more ridgid. The alum sheet is 1/8"

I am welding tabs around the tubes to mount the chaincase plate to. Going to secure it with 3/8" bolts.

K

Kennyspec

Feb 6, 2010
I guess my width was off a bit and I originally planned to put the chaincase on the outside of the tubes. But I have to now move the chaincase to fit in the centreline of the tubes. The ****ty part of this is that it moves the driveshaft up a 3/4". Do you think this will affect the approach angle that much?

Gust another pic of the mounting tabs.

K

Kennyspec

Feb 6, 2010
did a little more work on the sled tonight. I got the back tube welded in place and got the chaincase mounted a little more. it is square within .5* as measured with my digital angle guage!! I am happy with how it turned out.

I still need to trim up the steel brackets and grind the slag off to pretty them up.

K

Kennyspec

Feb 6, 2010
Drivers and the jackshaft is fully mounted!! the chaincase and driveshafts sure feel like they added a lot of weight

I feel like this was one of the harder parts of the build, getting everything square to the chassis. now that I am this far into the build I see I could of designed the shape of the chaincase, clutch hoop tube a lot differently. Maybe the V3 design will be better lol. If I was to build another one I would start with the clutching area tubes and then the motor and then finally build the tunnel.

K

Kennyspec

Feb 6, 2010
More work done on the sled today, I had to redo my front tubes that were connecting the bulkhead to the tube frame. I pulled the bulkhead 2" closer to the engine. The clutch now sits more in the cutout area of the pro plastics. this is something that both sportsterddanne and I had troubles with our nytro/pro conversion.

I also added a 20* swing to the upper bars that tie in the pro bulkhead. ****ty part is that after I get the engine fully mounted I will have to cut one of the upper bars out and make it removeable to get the engine out. I seen that coming as I was building, but there wasn't any way to avoid it.

pic of my PTO side rear engine mount. It is a bit ugly but clutch alignment turned out perfect!!!!

K

Kennyspec

Feb 6, 2010
I got myself a killer deal on a brand new power commander V PTI and a wideband 2 and the new on board pod 300 screen.

my question on it is everyone is mounting the MAP sensor from the powercommander in the intercooler/chargepipe. but then it wouldn't read vacuum. can the powercommander map sensor be hooked up into one of the vac lines so it would read vac/boost as well?

K

Kennyspec

Feb 6, 2010
did a bit more work to the sled, got the engine mounted in it and fitted the plastic.

two options for the steering. one is to run it similar to my first setup and use the pro intermediate linkage.

second option is to run the post at a more severe angle to the side and eliminate the intermediate linkage. the 600 race chassis are set up this way.

I think I may go with the second option. easier to build and should be less weight.

t300

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2009
Manitoba
Lookin good, nice progress! At least you don't have to worry about getting it finished "this season" around here, looks like Mother Nature is skipping the snow this year

I got myself a killer deal on a brand new power commander V PTI and a wideband 2 and the new on board pod 300 screen.

my question on it is everyone is mounting the MAP sensor from the powercommander in the intercooler/chargepipe. but then it wouldn't read vacuum. can the powercommander map sensor be hooked up into one of the vac lines so it would read vac/boost as well?
Kennyspec,
Yes - the TMAP sensor can be placed in the boost line to read both boost/vac as you specify. There is a bit to be gained in response by allowing the PCV to control fueling under that little bit of vacuum at idle or upon throttle stabs.

And a Very nice build!
~T.J.

Premium Features