• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 m8 925 turbo questions

M
Feb 25, 2008
Creston B.C.
Well i havent had any luck selling my rkt 925 bb , so i think im going to turbo it and ride it another year or 2. My question is have many people put turbos on 925 bb's. How well does the crank hold up? What kind of boost are you running? What compresion and fuel? I dont want to spend alot of time tuneing so as much info as possable would be great. Also m8 stock reeds or m1000 reeds? Will my speed werx y-pipe be ok or back to stock? And if any one is interested i have for sale V-force reeds, speed werx 0-5000' m8 pipe, boondocker nitrious with 30 hp nozzles no box.

Last edited:

Monty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wet Coast
curious about 925 BB Turbo'd as well, on a 2010 M8, I guess not any or many out there?

J

jensen

Feb 27, 2008
Casper, Wyoming

I have 2500-3500 miles on mine. Almost all miles are at 12 lbs and above. I've never seen the det. I run av at 10, 110 at 12-13, and 116 above that. I run 1000 reeds. I've went through 2 d&d ypipes and 1 stocker. Very easy to keep tuned. Never had any problems. It's always been a screamer and runs as good as any sled I've ever seen. I've owned 3 m8 turbos and an m1000 turbo and this runs better than all of them.

M
Feb 25, 2008
Creston B.C.
Well i should have the turbo i a couple days. Question being can i use my speed werx y-pipe or should i use the stock y-pipe? Also some one witha a weight to start with in the primary would be great, and a starting number to put in for fuel under boost would be great. Boondocker race gas kit, that i am getting from a friend.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Well i should have the turbo i a couple days. Question being can i use my speed werx y-pipe or should i use the stock y-pipe? Also some one witha a weight to start with in the primary would be great, and a starting number to put in for fuel under boost would be great. Boondocker race gas kit, that i am getting from a friend.

What version BD kit is it, the pre '11 kits where a nightmare. run the S-werx Y, Get MDS clutch weights, (steve will get you close) You will want to remove the timing key.

Personally I would not run a BD kit on a 925

M
Feb 25, 2008
Creston B.C.
Im updateing the control box and part of the wireing, fuel pump i think i can use the bigger in tank one without issues being an 08 sled, it does have the updated fuel booster board but i cant use it with my 08 i need an ac source and they said they had issues trying to run them on the 08 so i have to talk to someone on monday about running the bigger one and how to power it. It doesnt have the leak proof tank but thats ok by me ill fiue somthing out like i had on my yamaha turbo. But the 2 stroke think is new to me.

M
Feb 25, 2008
Creston B.C.
Also it came with a new koso egt, a good inovative 02, and full new clutching boondocker 36/46p helix, spring for secondary stock orange, cutler turbo weights 75 gram base. And im going to try my new 120/310 slp primary spring and see how it works.

Premium Features