• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NyPro project

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Putting together what we are hoping will be the ultimate tree hugger! 13 Pro RMK chassis, 2008 nytro motor with 1900 miles on it. Going to try the tunnel dump exhaust, and doing a air box mod that would locate it in front of sled in nose piece. Going naturally aspirated, shooting for 465-485lbs and 150hp! Here are a few pics of the dry fit and small issues we have found so far.

sled project 001.jpg sled project 008.jpg sled project 028.jpg sled project 005.jpg sled project 004.jpg sled project 007.jpg sled project 011.jpg

T

tjc

Jan 8, 2008
very cool.

what do you have planned for engine mounts? Im looking at putting a Nytro engine in a ski doo Rt chassis and I am looking into that right now.

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
I am going to use the 2014 sx viper motor mounts on rear, then we are going to cut some front mounts out on the CNC machine, we should be getting started on those here next week..

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Good Luck with the Build!! You have to boost it though!! :face-icon-small-hap
We are also doing a boosted Apex/PRO, but mine will be naturally aspirated to prove to folk that the 4stroke is the motor we have all been waiting for in a mountain specific chassis..

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
We are also doing a boosted Apex/PRO, but mine will be naturally aspirated to prove to folk that the 4stroke is the motor we have all been waiting for in a mountain specific chassis..

Sweet build! I would imagine fitting the motor and determining correct motor mount geometry will be the toughest part. But I might have to agree with Ryan...going to need to boost that 4 stroker to convince us that is the sled we have all been waiting for. 150hp at that weight will be nice, but I would think a naturally aspirated 2 stroke with a BB is going to out perform the 4 stroke in a mountain specific chassis, power and performance wise.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Sweet build! I would imagine fitting the motor and determining correct motor mount geometry will be the toughest part. But I might have to agree with Ryan...going to need to boost that 4 stroker to convince us that is the sled we have all been waiting for. 150hp at that weight will be nice, but I would think a naturally aspirated 2 stroke with a BB is going to out perform the 4 stroke in a mountain specific chassis, power and performance wise.

you can easily get 170 to 180hp out of a nytro motor, head work,high comp pistons,k&n intake & exel header.you would have to run a little race or mixed av gas though.

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
you can easily get 170 to 180hp out of a nytro motor, head work,high comp pistons,k&n intake & exel header.you would have to run a little race or mixed av gas though.

This will most likely be the route we will be going with my motor, going with a race spec motor from the yamaha hillclimb team. Mine will be set up exactly the same way. Been hearing alot of great things about this setup, should be 160-170hp

As for the boosted option, I have ridden turbo pros and find it way more enjoyable to cut a line on a naturally aspirated sled then a boosted one, I just like the underdog factor.. Personal preference I guess :face-icon-small-coo

We are setting a date of May 20th to have this finished, and we will then be taking it to Cooke City for a little break in, I will be posting plenty of video and pictures of the build as it comes along. Give it 2 weeks and I should have some very exciting pics to update you with!

Last edited:
S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Weight difference between my 600 motor and the new nytro motor is only 30lbs! 600 pro motor=95lbs nytro motor=125lbs. Not bad considering the metal twisting torque you are gaining with the 4stroke..

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Quick update, sorry I have been delayed on this but the guys at Adrenaline Junkies have been busy last week catching up on old projects and next week have family plans so bare with us for another week and we should have some updated pics and information! There has been a ton of interest in this build so I will do my best to keep you up to date.

We found that the K&N filter kit will be best option for intake, the exhaust will get dumped under the tunnel but first we are going to make a 1" bridge for the tunnel so we have plenty of room for the track and exhaust. Rear motor mounts are going to be very similar to the new yamaha viper mounts that attach to the front part of tunneel just below the jackshaft. Steering post has been modified and we also should have the new bulkhead bracing whipped out on the CNC in 2-3weeks! We again are looking at a completion date of May 28 and should have this thing on some snow first weekend in June to give some ride reports!
Please feel free to keep the questions rolling in ..

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
updated pics

We have the motor in a jig right now getting everything lined up and measurements. Also working on the tunnel dump exhaust.
Had to remove a little material on clutch and mag side bulkhead braces, these pieces will be measured, scaled and entered into the computer to give us a sweet looking and brand new piece cut out by the CNC! We have to relocate the brake caliper, I think we have an idea on how to do this for a mount, but does any one have some advice or ideas on relocating this?

nypro build 3.jpg nypro build 2.jpg nypro build.jpg

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Haha, funny you say that because I have been talking to Mark the last week now and decided to put that idea on the board! He is putting together a kit for us and we will have it on in a couple weeks. This was the way we solved everything from drive shaft, belts breaking, relocation, and the bearing issues so it was a no brainer and will be extremely reliable and looks way better to :face-icon-small-coo

cmxds3.jpg

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Yes we will be saving all measurements for braces and mounts so we can offer a direct bolt in kit! Thats why we are pushing to get this thing on snow yet to see what works and what will need a few adjustments, but we are not expecting very many issues with this project its coming together very well...

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Have motor set in its final resting spot, received aluminum plating this week for motor mounts to be cut out. Waiting on some cash from some things I sold so I can order CMX belt drive. When we pull belt drive I will pull bulkhead brace and cut that on cnc. Then we are home stretch, install electrical, fire her up and we are ready for test run! Should have some sweet pics by next week so stay tuned! Ill post a good pic of motor jigged in the sled it looks right at home in there and the lay back style provides amazing center of gravity, sled feels more balanced and even when tipping it up in shop compared to other pros we have sitting next to it!

Premium Features