• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

4130 Apex-pro by Powerhouse Customs

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
I believe the apex is only 8 pounds over the nitro.

What is the big benefit to going with the Apex motor over a nytro motor? I understand they start out with 15hp more stock but cant you just bump the boost up 1-2 psi? I just figured the 8lbs of weight would be more important but then again i haven't been able to ride them back to back with the same amount of boost to tell the difference....

Thanks! and i love your builds keep the pics and videos coming!!!!

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
it will always have a hp advantage, if you bump up the boost on the nytro you can do the same on the Apex, its said that the Apex is less prone to break belts.
and another thing is that since the Apex engine rotate the other way its belived to counter some of the rotating mass of the track, gears, cluthes..

What is the big benefit to going with the Apex motor over a nytro motor? I understand they start out with 15hp more stock but cant you just bump the boost up 1-2 psi? I just figured the 8lbs of weight would be more important but then again i haven't been able to ride them back to back with the same amount of boost to tell the difference....

Thanks! and i love your builds keep the pics and videos coming!!!!

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
Nytro versus Apex

Both engines are awesome powerplants and excellant for this chassis, personal choices will dictate. IMO the Apex engine well always be capable of making more power. As TB pointed out, it is a smoother power and even a smoother application of power.

From a Project Build point of view, the Apex makes the ideal donor sled as the Nytro does not have a seperate chaincase to transfer over to our chassis, but that is a somewhat small inconvienence.

They are both great!

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
Thanks for...

Thanks for your interest in our Chassis.

There are a lot of options between component selection and state of completion. For pricing details, please e-maill me or call me at the shop.

Thanks again.

CR

S

samsquatch47

Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul, AB
We are currently working on a new version with Yamaha Plastics, hoping to get some build pics up soon!!

Cheers

Does the new version still use Polaris front suspension? It would save a guy a few bucks if u didnt have to buy Polaris plastics. Plus it would still look like a yami :)

T

triple Black

Dec 11, 2008
Revelstoke BC
www.farwestfilms.com
The new build will still be Polaris front end but we will also be offering narrow 36 inch ski stance with our own suspension soon. We are using Nytro hood and our own side panels. This sled is going to make a pro look large! Pics soon!

S

samsquatch47

Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul, AB
The new build will still be Polaris front end but we will also be offering narrow 36 inch ski stance with our own suspension soon. We are using Nytro hood and our own side panels. This sled is going to make a pro look large! Pics soon!

Can't wait to see it! :) 36 inch stance is a great idea. Have you guys put one on a scale ready to ride yet? Would be cool if they come in at about 550. Then you'd be at factory 2 strk ride weight, but with 300 HP!

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
DSC_0616_zpsfb6b053c.jpg

DSC_0612_zpsd627bfa9.jpg

DSC_0625_zps82584bbc.jpg

Sick sled Laird. I'm tired of the heavy yammys but I would give one of these beauty's a try :)

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Gunner,

The dry weight for a 174x16x3 version will come in between 550lbs and 575lbs, depending on options and component selection.

Am I reading that right...a Yammi engine w/ turbo and drivetrain are 130ish pounds MORE than Polaris engine/drivetrain?

T

triple Black

Dec 11, 2008
Revelstoke BC
www.farwestfilms.com
No not at all. The total combination may be close to that much. 3 inch tracks are substancially heavier than the 2.5". Our chassis has nothing Pro-RMK beyond the front suspension geometry and panels, as it would never hold up to the power.

I really don't care to compare to a pro as it is uncomparable. Our Chassis combination comes out over 100 pounds lighter than a comparable full built Nytro platform.

Premium Features