• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CMX X

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
I thought they were basically a Pro RMK with different A arms, spindles, and a turbo with their belt drive? I only live about 40 minutes from their shop and see quite a few Pro RMK's out there. I could be wrong though.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
The 385 pound pro at the snow shows belongs to a customer of RMXtreme. That was not a ready to ride sled. You would have to tack on another 75 pounds or so plus a turbo and a track longer than the 144 that had paddles removed and holes drilled to save weight. Heck the thing even had holes drilled in the clutches.:face-icon-small-sho

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
The 385 pound pro at the snow shows belongs to a customer of RMXtreme. That was not a ready to ride sled. You would have to tack on another 75 pounds or so plus a turbo and a track longer than the 144 that had paddles removed and holes drilled to save weight. Heck the thing even had holes drilled in the clutches.:face-icon-small-sho

I'm pretty sure that CMX had one too. Saw it in Sledheads or something.

K

knzee

Dec 29, 2008
Great Falls, MT
We ran into Mark (owner of CMX) last year in the Crazies. He was riding the first one he put together that day. Can't remember all the details but he was buying pro chassis and modding them to make the sled he wanted. Something about moving the rider position. He walked us through his shop after words and showed us how he was doing it and what he was expecting, but I really wasn't listening too much. I was just in awe at all the tools and machine equipment he had in there, great guy. Trying to remember, so I could be a little off. I think it was an oil-less turbo running a set 10psi with his fuel box. We pulled some pretty good chutes with him that day and I was running 12psi on a 2010 m8. I'll see if I can find a picture.

ridge top.jpg looking down.jpg

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
So a Pro chassis with a bunch of lightweight stuff, skinz airframes, alternate front end geometry. I was really curious about the segment he wrote with regards to steering effort and front end geometry. If it is that much easier than a pro it must feel like power steering. I wish I had the cash for one of those things. I know he does a lot of testing with the Crazies so close. Those mountains scare the bejeezus out of me in the winter.

dfacey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Thornton, CO
www.rmxtreme.com

The sled was obviously dry on the scale so it would be about 80 pounds heavier full of fluids and ready to ride. The modded drive clutch on an 800 is also a little risky depending on mileage and how hard it's ridden, although a couple of those clutches now have well over 1000 miles on them without issues. That clutch is about one pound lighter than the stock clutch so let's just call it 388 dry. Otherwise, we will ride that sled the way that it was on the scale. There's nothing compromised or lightened to the point that it is not perfectly ridable as shown.

Everybody has their priorities but for me, if you get the sled that light, you don't need a turbo and you don't need more track than the 146"x2.4" 5.1 track or all the paddles. It probably won't go straight uphill with the turbos but let's get in the technical trees and see which sled works better and which rider has to exert less effort.

Last edited:
Premium Features