• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IQR build

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Got the motor set in, got my mountain fit vents and got my rails trimmed in the skid.. Things should really start moving quickly soon.. The entire hood will be vented with this type of vent kit.. :) In this pic, the vent is just set in there.. More pics to come once they are all installed.

vents.jpg

motor-1.jpg

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Went a different route for the vent kit so will have pics of it once done.. Should have the clutch at SLP for balancing soon..

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Here is my Home-Made custom vent kit.. I think it turned out well.. Hopefully it stays.. :) I also got the motor all in and in the process of getting the pipe in there correct.. It is finally almost finished..

myvents.jpg

pipein.jpg

sitsled.jpg

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
I am on the home stretch.. It is almost done.. just a few more small things and it will be ready to hit the snow (if it ever stop raining here).. I am hoping to be done by next week, but time will tell.. you never know what small things will need adjusted.. So far got the oil tank, carbs and all electrical installed and made sure everything is working.. Got my clutch back from being balanced and am finishing up the secondary.. Few more small tweaks to the exhaust has to be done..Getting anxious..:face-icon-small-ton

sl1.jpg

sl.jpg

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Sled is now running and basically done.. Just need to install the belt, tighten the track, fix the kill switches and take a few more pictures of it completely done!! :face-icon-small-hap

underhood.jpg

underhood2.jpg

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
What did you use to hold the home made vents in? Looks similar to what I did... I used hot glue. Time will tell if it holds.

I used silicone and rivets.. The bottom has the mesh and then a metal mesh underneath with rivets. The headlight I used the mesh and prefilter and used multiple layers of silicone. I thought about hot glue, but it wouldnt stick to the hood very well and once dry, didnt seem flexible enough to hold well.. Time will tell on these also..

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Sled is basically done.. Have taken it out for a test ride and it needs a few tweaks here and there, but I would say its done.. I like the way the hood looks, hate the way it fits.. :( Wish I could have had more pictures of some of the actual building of the sled, but was too busy wrenching to snap any..

done5.jpg

done4.jpg

done3.jpg

done2.jpg

done1.jpg

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
looks great Nick....will be meeting up for sure this year to do some riding...come to the 900 section and look at the cooke and revy trips we have planned if you can swing them...

i wanna throw my leg over this baby...i promise...i wont wreck it....bad ;)

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
looks great Nick....will be meeting up for sure this year to do some riding...come to the 900 section and look at the cooke and revy trips we have planned if you can swing them...

i wanna throw my leg over this baby...i promise...i wont wreck it....bad ;)

If I get a chance to make it this year with ya at all, you are welcome to ride it all you want..:face-icon-small-hap It will probably make you want to build one of them also!!:face-icon-small-coo

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Just an update for this build.. There will be some things that are being changed from my setup from last year before it hits the snow for next season.

I have replaced the stock rear skid with a Holz skid, Fox Float shocks and IceAge rails. I have also added MMP billet wheels to this setup.

I have already added Mountain Fit side panel vents.

Front shocks are being changed over to Evols (maybe)

New rear tunnel extension from MeatHooker. I would like to go VE, but I just dont think I want to spend that much on an extension.

I have added a Pro RMK rear bumper.

IQ RMK consumer drive shaft with custom mods to it to make it fit in the IQR chassis.

Stock Polaris 155 track

I will be removing the front cooler to allow for better snow evacuation and will be adding some type of W cooler to help with keeping the temps down.

These are the plans I have for this summers build.. Last year this sled kicked *** with what I already had so with the new add ons, I am sure it is going to be amazing. This is by far my most favorite sled I have ever owned!! As things come together I will post pictures again!!:becky:

Last edited:
Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
My new Boss seat!!

This is a mod I hadnt planned on doing, but came across a deal for this so figured I would try and make it work..:face-icon-small-hap Needs a little modding to make it look right, but just the little bit I did, I think it looks alright..

2011-05-21140114.jpg

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Looks like a few changes that came into play for this coming season.

Will attempt to turbo this sled.. Will have the complete setup, just hoping I can make it work and run right..:becky:

Will be changing the Holz rear skid for an EzRyde..

Picked up a set of Holz arms for the front.

Who knows what else will change before the snow flies again, but will post pics as everything progresses..

Last edited:
Premium Features