• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FBF Throttle/ oil cables

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
Hi guys, as the orders are starting to come in again, I am getting more cables built right now. Please PM me with your order and I will be sending the cables in about two weeks.
Thank you.
FBF.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Guys...

if you dont have this cable setup..your sitting on a busted oiler cable now..or a SOON to be busted cable..

This is BY FAR..one the FIRST mods you should be doing to your 05 900 or 06 700/900.

i have had these cables for a while on my 900 and the wife 755 and they are flawless...

TTT for a great guy and even better product!!

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
Guys...

if you dont have this cable setup..your sitting on a busted oiler cable now..or a SOON to be busted cable..

This is BY FAR..one the FIRST mods you should be doing to your 05 900 or 06 700/900.

i have had these cables for a while on my 900 and the wife 755 and they are flawless...

TTT for a great guy and even better product!!

Guido is 100% correct. Couldn't ask for a better guy or product.

I did this update last season and have thanked myself for doing this numerous times just in the ease of disassembling alone!

It is hands down worth it in every way

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Awesome product, and a great guy to deal with, a must have on the 900/755's. Installed one on my buds 05 900 last fall.:beer;

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
Guys, I have not received the cables yet and will check on Monday. Hopefully they're just a few days away. I will update as soon as I get the confirmation.
Thanks for your patience.
FBF.

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
I have two cables available. The regular length will work with up to 4" riser and the extended cable will work with 4" to 10" riser. The price is $75 for the regular and $85 for the extended one. I usually use express shipping that includes tracking and insurance. I take paypal. Please see my original post for more information on the installation.
FBF.

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
IF you are considering ordering one of these cables, stop thinking! And just do it, you won't be sorry!
Wish I had done it sooner, stop messing around!

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
I am told that my order will not be completed and shipped until later this week. This unfortunately means a few more days before I can get the cables out to you. I hope to have them all out by mid week next week if all goes well.
FBF.

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
Yes, all the ends are identical to the Polaris ones, all you do is take the factory cables off and replace them with this cable and you're done.
FBF.

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
If you haven't had oil cable issues yet you may be one of the few lucky ones, but most of us have and in my experience it's just a matter of time before yours go and you start to foul your plugs and your sled runs like crap. The other obvious advantage of this cable is the fact that you can remove the throttle body and have access to the boots or oil pump with minimal disassembly.
FBF.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Crazy Mountains
In that case, I believe mine was starting to go. It was starting to shred. I think it the oiler cable was hanging on by one last string! The sled was starting to run extremely rich and I was wondering why. Send me one! I want one!

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
Running rich is your first sign your oil cable is done, I need to know if you have a riser for cable length. I will send you a pm with the payment details.
You might as well take your old oil cable off and have a good look at the boots and verify free operation of the oil pump lever. The boots are known to have a relatively short life span... Cracked boots will lean your engine out, not a good thing!
FBF.

F
Sep 1, 2008
HAVRE,MT
I tore mine apart to replace the boots- and found my cable broke- while I was taking a break- I held my exhaust pipe up with the spouts down- WOW- talk about running rich- I was going to tap that oil feild, my old reeds were full of oil also. This is suppose to be a perfect replacement cable and more user freindly!!!
I can't wait to get mine

Premium Features