• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

03 sks 700

JFro50

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2009
Hamburg, MN
Hey guys, a good friend of mine just got an 03 sks700 with very low miles. He is new to the sport and I have always had cats, is there anything we should know about this machine or that I could do to put some extra ponies under his a$$. Any help would be great. Thanks boys

JFro50

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2009
Hamburg, MN
None of you guys have ridden one of these or have buddys that have one. It is very clean and has no problems Im just wondering what kind of hidden tweaks these sleds had

red99powerstroke

Lifetime Membership
Apr 3, 2008
Persia, IA
I have a 2003 700 edge xc sp its bullet proof if he is just getting into sledding he will love the sled. Just dont forget to ride it like ya stole it and it will be fine.

JFro50

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2009
Hamburg, MN
Ive been told that some of the 03-04 700s had crank problems. Is there something I can tell him to watch out for

B
Nov 27, 2007
Kfalls, Or
The 700 crank is the same design as the 800, but because the 700 doesn't have as much torque, it has fewer issues with crank failure.

For more go power, add an SLP pipe and can, the SLP airbox mod, maybe some aftermarket reeds, put a couple of flow rites in the dash, and hang on! You will have to clutch it to take advantage of the power, clutch to SLP's spec and it will run well...

JFro50

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2009
Hamburg, MN
will doing these mods without the pipe work. I dont think he wants to pipe it. if not i think it will be enough stock for a virgin rider

W
Oct 27, 2008
Malmo, NE
You will see the biggest improvement with a pipe. If you don't want to due that much, you could at least do the reeds, that should help throttle response. Flowrites in the dash are nice to be sure you are getting air in the powder. Just make sure it is clutched and jetted for the altitude you are going to be riding in.

Premium Features