• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

timber sled

W

WesG

Nov 26, 2007
Chetwynd, BC
Shims

This is for an apex, but I run 3 shims in the back and I also tighten the front limiter two holes from where the instructions say to run it. MAKE sure you run the susp. through its stroke with no pressure in the shocks to ensure no binding! Gives it abunch more ski pressure(not really great for the trail), but it holds the front end down, way down from the stock skid! Hard on the limiter strap though. I am going to go to the two limiter strap setup.

Wes

Depends what track your running. if you have the POS Maverick it wont matter it just wont hook up enough to worry. I put the Camo xtreme 162 X 16 with all 3 shims, limiter strap sucked up all the way and the front end is 3 feet in the air anytime your on the loud lever. Ive got the Ice age flat rails coming hope this helps. Its a blast for boondocking but sucks for hill climbing

W

woodies

see sig for track size.flat ice age rails how much air pressures a good start i weigh 200 geared up.

Sorry missed that on your sig.:eek: I ran 100psi in front shock and 150 in rear but was with yamaha tipped up 162 rails. Im hoping the flat Ice Age rails are going to help.I weigh about the same as you and can look straight into my headlight and still tailstand it for a quarter mile. Did you put big wheels on with your Ice Age rails?

W

woodies

cat 09 m cutouts 4 wheels comming reminds me phone dealer, frig holiday today!question you change the ski stance on these any better wider or narrower?i have never rode this one yet just hear there tippy?

I left skis in the center position. there never on the ground anyway. Still havent totally figured out sidehilling though even with the skis in the air this sled wants to go straight up. Seemed to get worse with the 16w track. i'm hoping going to 2 inner rear wheels will help this.I'm going to run 9inch with my Ice age rails. On the trail I think I would like the wider stance but dont want it in the hills.I also just installed my barkbuster front end. Rode my buddies last year (same sled with Barkbuster fron)and it was way more predictable on the trail. Although he had the Doo Pilot skis which may have helped

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
I had no luck on running the Timbersled on my T Nytro. Even with all the shims and limiter strap sucked up.. All that did was get my forearms pumped up. I even played with the air pressure in both shocks, up and down. I had iceage straight rails. I ended up trying a Cat skid and now the skis dont go more than 10 inches off the snow and I can steer with ease.... In my group another buddie had an EZ ryde and same thing any time we got to a big chute he had to turn out because he had no control.. He also is going with an A/C skid.. If you look in the swapmeet there were 2 A/C skids with less than 400 miles. and you could pick them up for around $800.00!! That is a great deal, fox floats and lightweight.

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
WOW you guys paint a grim picture I have a timber 153 camo and ice age rails with a powderlites kit:confused:

lol...I seem to recall a conversation with you at the GC Tower...something about not doing any serious climbing so you wanted to keep the 153?? :eek: (boost has a way of changing your outlook, eh!!) :D :beer; :beer;

J
Sep 5, 2001
WOW you guys paint a grim picture I have a timber 153 camo and ice age rails with a powderlites kit:confused:

Hope you do not plan on doing anything other then boondocking and play in the fields. Second you try to climb anything with an incline you and your skis are going to be looking at the sky!!!

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
it helps to run low air in the front shock too, max the back 30- 40lbs in front work for climbing but wont ride for chit on the trail

bigrhett

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alpine, UT
I had no luck on running the Timbersled on my T Nytro. Even with all the shims and limiter strap sucked up.. All that did was get my forearms pumped up. I even played with the air pressure in both shocks, up and down. I had iceage straight rails. I ended up trying a Cat skid and now the skis dont go more than 10 inches off the snow and I can steer with ease.... In my group another buddie had an EZ ryde and same thing any time we got to a big chute he had to turn out because he had no control.. He also is going with an A/C skid.. If you look in the swapmeet there were 2 A/C skids with less than 400 miles. and you could pick them up for around $800.00!! That is a great deal, fox floats and lightweight.

Which year Cat skid did you like?

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
Cat skid

I'm about to order a timber rear skid, now I'm thinking twice. i like the Cat skid also. Anyone else have any info on running the Cat skid with the 162? How was the Cat skid to install???

U

Ultralord

Nov 26, 2007
Auburn WA
lol...I seem to recall a conversation with you at the GC Tower...something about not doing any serious climbing so you wanted to keep the 153?? :eek: (boost has a way of changing your outlook, eh!!) :D :beer; :beer;

YA I know I just did not want to kill the boondocking and the handle of the nytro.
And I dont have the nuts to ride the steep chutes. But one thing is for sure If I am the only guy at the bottom and left behind That sled will have a m10 and a 162 under it so fast It will make my credit card Burn and I am sure it will make Curt smile:)
Whats the hold up on the tunnel:confused:

Premium Features