• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'12 PC 800 turbo issues. Need some ideas from the experts!!

K

Kyle91rs

Jan 23, 2011
Fort mcmurray Alberta
Ok guys I really need some input here. I'm in revelstoke right now, drove 16 hours to get here. Today up on the hill my sled was running pretty decent until all of a sudden it just lost all power. It bogs really bad and I'm out of ideas. So here's what the scenario was.... I was just playin around in a bowl and it just decided to bog out really bad, as if if was running on one cylinder. So I stopped, took my panels off, and noticed there was A LOT more then normal heat build up under the hood. My secondary was like a frying pan, my charge tubes were even hot. My afr gauge was showing super lean, and it seems like it was happening throughout the whole throttle range. As soon as I would hit say 45-5000 rpm it would snap crackle and pop and loose all power. So long story short, I couldn't figure it out on the hill so I limped it back to the trailer.

So I tore into it in the trailer. Here's what I checked.

-My boost it box is sensing rpm and boost signal

-My aux injectors seem to be workin fine.

-Checked my reeds, good

-Took the head off, checked my pistons and rings, thinkin I may have burned down one side, they're both good. Lots of compression

-Put brand new plugs in gapped at 20 thou

-Power valves aren't stuck

-My fuel pressure is set to 39-40psi range

-I don't have any blown fuses

-I don't seem to have any boost leaks, my tb boots are fine

-turbo is fine, nothing seems to be out of the ordinary there

-no codes being displayed on the gauge cluster

I'm sure there's more things I've checked, i noticed it was low on coolant so i put what I had left in, but it's still not up to the neck. Would it run like crap if it sensed low coolant?

I never checked my clutches. I noticed on the trail ride down I'm only pulling 5-6000rpm, would clutch issues make it run like that?

I don't know what else to check. I don't think it's a turbo problem because it bogs out even when it's building say 1-2psi if that, I didn't really notice but it felt like it was dying out right after engagement.

Anyone have any ideas what else I could check? Like I'm rotted, drove all this way and now it's workin like sh1t. Any input would be awesome! Looks like I'm renting a pro rmk tomorrow... Oh my!!

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
What's your numbers at?? That fuel psi is high to me. 35 is settings in instructions an that's what I run. Even at 35 psi my numbers are way down 1-2 on all. So with that much fuel psi I don't see how you could have lean issues. That's why I have dual egts also cuz sometimes AF gauge an do funky things when super rich.

35psi

G 1
Y 1.5
R 2
GB 2-2.5
YB 4.5
RB 5

Bin awesome at these for 1800 miles. Maybe worth a shot?

PS how's the POW?? Still deep as hell? Be back in a week

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
he has a boost it box

your dolbeck box #'s won't hellp.
my thoughts are, like above check clutches, rollers, tunnel, mechanical binding etc.

K

Kyle91rs

Jan 23, 2011
Fort mcmurray Alberta
Hey guys. Sorry for late response. My reeds are fine, have good compression. I took it out again today, I lowered my main fuel on my boost it box by a whole bunch to where it cleaned up real good down low. So I ventured up to eagles pass today and now it's throwing ecu 18 and 16 codes?? And doing the same thing it done yesterday. No matter what I do to the boost it settings it just doesn't want to run and my afr is flashing lean again. So I googled ecu 18 and 16, apparently it's my servo motor. What do I check for with that??

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
Have you verified that the valves can open by pulling on the cable ends once removed from servo? If one/ or both valves are not opening properly it will flash codes and barely run.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
Be sure the coolant is full. I have had weird issues when sleds are low on coolant. Have you verified fuel pressure with a gauge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justpinit907

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Interior, Alaska
Be sure the coolant is full. I have had weird issues when sleds are low on coolant. Have you verified fuel pressure with a gauge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a slow leak on my 2012 PC and it caused some really similar sounding problems when it was low. Filled, it was fine, low, it was great for the very bottom of rpms and acted like it had a little kid governor on the motor. Haha

K

Kyle91rs

Jan 23, 2011
Fort mcmurray Alberta
Nahhh I haven't even taken the hood off it yet. I drove to Vernon last night and picked up a 2014 pro rmk and am loving it too much to work on my turbo. Not sure what I'm doing with it yet. I may part it out and sell it as a stocker.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Nahhh I haven't even taken the hood off it yet. I drove to Vernon last night and picked up a 2014 pro rmk and am loving it too much to work on my turbo. Not sure what I'm doing with it yet. I may part it out and sell it as a stocker.

bic lighters are disposable....since when did sleds end up in the same category..??..

oh I see , Ft Mac...haha

K

Kyle91rs

Jan 23, 2011
Fort mcmurray Alberta
Lol.... I dunno what to say to that haha...

Yeah I know taking turbo off my cat won't fix powervalves, but I'm loving the pro way more then my cat. I know that's not what you guys wanna hear lol .. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do yet, may keep it and use the pro for backup or I may part it out and turbo the pro for next year. I had a lot of stupid issues with
Y cat that was totally my own fault (installed it myself I mean) and it lead to missed riding days.

Thanks for all the input. Gonna sort out my power valve cables when I get home and figure out what im gonna do with it.

Premium Features