• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fix it and sell it or sell it as is????

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
What do you guys think?
I have an 03 escape 800 motor in an 02 700 edge chassis with 159 and a couple other mods. My crank broke last year and it cost me $2,800 to fix it. My crank broke again this year on one of the last rides.
If its running its worth what, $3,500 maybe?
If I sell it as is its worth what $1,000?
What would you guys do?
attachment.php

Snowmobiling2.JPG

Last edited:
C

ckspeed

Dec 17, 2007
Malcolm, NE
Or find a used 700 sled cheap and swap back to the 700.

I have a '99 700 RMK that I'd love to find an edge chassis for :face-icon-small-win:face-icon-small-win I love the engine but not too fond of the Gen2 chassis.

R
Nov 26, 2007
Duluth, MN
$2800? you should find another shop, i think mine was about $500 bucks last year to get new end, true and weld, with the big bearing kit.

Thing ran mint all year, pulled it apart a couple weeks ago just to see and everything was perfect, I would fix it and keep riding otherwise let me know what you want for it.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I'd find someone who could fix it properly. Believe it or not there are dealers out there who don't have bore gauges or dial indicators. I'd have someone check your cases (line bore if they don't have to remove more than .003"), drop in a new factory crank, repair your dinged piston cylinder and head. for approx. $1,800 you'll be good to go for another couple seasons and will have an extra $9,000 still in your pocket if you have new sled on the brain.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Who did the work? Sounds like cases are junk and need some attention. Probably clutch too.

If you don't want to keep the sled any more then sell it as is and don't put any more money in it.

If you want to keep the sled, then for $2800 bring it to me and I'll do all the work on it including one of IndyDan's warrantied bottom ends.

Actually, I'd charge less than that normally, but if you are already willing to pay the $2800 I'll take that.

sled_guy

Premium Features