• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 Clutch Roller Wear

S
Nov 27, 2007
Longmont,CO
the rollers on my stock 05 M7 seem to wear out and fail, three times last season and now again yesterday, one fails and I fix it before the others go....is that normal? if not what could be contributing to this?

tatorsalad

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
rollers

I was told the high torque rollers are the best and they are great to deal with the rock one will blow up under heavy stress

S
Nov 27, 2007
Longmont,CO
clutch

I'm referring to the primary clutch.....just had a dealer rebuild it again, $340, rode about 100 miles and two of the rollers are already worn out.....clutch jerks badly on takeoff....won't reach proper rpm......what would make the rollers wear out that fast???? this is the 5th time I've had a dealer rebuild the clutch....they don't seem to really know in depth what's going on with these units or they don't wanna say....

Last edited:
S

Ski-Laxn

Nov 26, 2007
Longmont, Co
Mark
Do you know if they are replacing the bushings, You may have a worn bushing. Who is rebuilding it for you? Are all the weights in the center of the roller? If there replacing it with a whole new assy your belt to sheve clearance is in correct thats the jerk on start. I have purchased all the tools to tear down the primary. Pm me and I'll look at it if you want.
Ski

S
Nov 27, 2007
Longmont,CO
crap

they replaced the spyder, bushings and the damaged weights each time...sled also has side panel vents and flowrites behind the shock and on top of the hood to keep it cool.....it works fine at first but not for long

Premium Features