• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

whyyyyy is snowest so slow lately? (502/504 Gateway Errors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

srt20

Lifetime Membership
Oct 25, 2010
Slow every so often here also. Seems like its add related. When the caliber add is up it seems slower. Also when the adds on the right are animated along with the tracksusa add is running everything is slower. Not as slow as some of the others are saying, for me anyway.

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
GETTING THIS A LOT LATELY WHEN TRYING OT LOAD PHOTOS, IT WORKED IN THE PAST:

413 Request Entity Too Large

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
502 Bad Gateway

Sunday morning 7:12 Mountain time Arctic Cat Proclimb section If I click on the thread it works, if I click on the last post link I get the error.

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
502 Bad Gateway

Sunday morning 7:12 Mountain time Arctic Cat Proclimb section....... If I click on the thread it works, if I click on the last post link I get the error.
Getting it in the Pro_Ride section also no matter which way I enter the thread.

Last edited:

4mcntrls

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2010
Drayton Valley Alberta
The last week my tapatalk hd goes to the main forum. Eg arctic cat proclimb section but it gives me an error on opening the thread it's self. The old tapatalk or web page works ok but seems slow to update or open.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
ditto here on the 502.
I've been able to nav to subforums, but when I click on a thread, I get "bad gateway 502"

502 Bad Gateway
_*nginx*_/1.1.19

Means approximately nothing to me... but figured I'd add it.

Happening pretty much constantly now, oddly enough, I can click on SOME threads, and get in every time but others are consistently a no go. Kinda odd.

It seems I can click on threads I've posted in but not others... at least that's the only commonality I can find in this issue. All of the threads doing this are ones I haven't posted in before. I'm now getting the old typical "Database error
The database has encountered a problem." message on some as well.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Thank You guys.
PLEASE keep sending me the reports.

We are pretty sure this error is being generated by a Proxy Server that Harris Publishing installed.

But we are NOT at all certain WHY this is happening.
Why it is so sporadic or why only a FEW people are seeing it or reporting it.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
it is very sporadic. one trend i have noticed is.....

1. i get an email instant notification to a thread i am subscribed to
2. i open the email and click on the direct link to my sub'ed thread
3. this brings up a new tab in my browser
4. at this time it will start to load the snowest page. sometimes it will properly load the page, sometimes it will load for 10 seconds and display the page (better late than never), and sometimes it will time out and display that "gateway" message.

oddly enough, if i go back into my email, click that very same link for a second time, i have yet to see it time out twice. the second time it always loads normal. this is with notifications to random threads.....it isnt consistent with any thread.
<mytubeelement data="{"bundle":{"label_delimitor":":","percentage":"%","smart_buffer":"Smart Buffer","start_playing_when_buffered":"Start playing when buffered","sound":"Sound","desktop_notification":"Desktop Notification","continuation_on_next_line":"-","loop":"Loop","only_notify":"Only Notify","estimated_time":"Estimated Time","global_preferences":"Global Preferences","no_notification_supported_on_your_browser":"No notification style supported on your browser version","video_buffered":"Video Buffered","buffered":"Buffered","hyphen":"-","buffered_message":"The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.","not_supported":"Not Supported","on":"On","off":"Off","click_to_enable_for_this_site":"Click to enable for this site","desktop_notification_denied":"You have denied permission for desktop notification for this site","notification_status_delimitor":";","error":"Error","adblock_interferance_message":"Adblock (or similar extension) is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add this url to adblock whitelist.","calculating":"Calculating","waiting":"Waiting","will_start_buffering_when_initialized":"Will start buffering when initialized","will_start_playing_when_initialized":"Will start playing when initialized","completed":"Completed","buffering_stalled":"Buffering is stalled. Will stop.","stopped":"Stopped","hr":"Hr","min":"Min","sec":"Sec","any_moment":"Any Moment","popup_donate_to":"Donate to","extension_id":null},"prefs":{"desktopNotification":true,"soundNotification":true,"logLevel":0,"enable":true,"loop":false,"hidePopup":false,"autoPlay":false,"autoBuffer":false,"autoPlayOnBuffer":false,"autoPlayOnBufferPercentage":42,"autoPlayOnSmartBuffer":true,"quality":"hd1080","fshd":true,"onlyNotification":false,"enableFullScreen":true,"saveBandwidth":false,"hideAnnotations":false,"turnOffPagedBuffering":true}}" event="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement data="{"loadBundle":true}" event="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Same thing we are seeing.
If you go to load a page and it takes more than a few seconds, hit the REFRESH or RELOAD button on your browser and see if that doesn't push you right through to the correct page.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Fyi, I can get in using Tapatalk, and have yet to find a thread I can't get into. On the computer though the same threads that I can't get into once, I'm not able to get into at all even if I use refresh / reload

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
OK... odd, this thread is now the first that I was unable to get into, that I can now get into on the computer.

All the others are still a no go (90% of threads or so it seems)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features