• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Togwotee Pass, Wyoming

R

RMOD800

Nov 18, 2008
There will be a public comment period for the proposed future use of this area. There will be comments heard from forest users concerning the potential restriction of snowmobile use of Two Ocean Mountain and areas north of the highway (Breccia Cliff Area). This is the final meeting and a decision will be made by the Forest Service.

All users, including riders that generally use Togwotee and may not ride in the more technical areas mentioned, are urged to attend the meeting. If you are not heard, don't plan on riding the area mentioned in the future.

The back country skiiers that are promoting this action, are well organized and have done a good job on commenting and lobbying the Forest Service. The snowmobile community has been way to complacent and need to organize to combat this attack on multi use of Federal Lands.

The meeting is at 6:00 p.m., February 13, at the Dubois High School (Wyoming). Hope you can attend to voice a united front against this injustice.

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
This is a bunch of garbage! Only reason they (backcountry skiers and greenies) are organized is because they are a bunch of drop outs who don't have real jobs and have time to put together dumb letters and emails.. We the snowmobilers work hard to pay for our sport and support economies for other communities and don't have the time to travel 7hrs to a meeting on a Wednesday night to voice opinion! Of course they would host it in middle of the week, the greenies and skiers don't work so of course they will make it! *******s..

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
This is a bunch of garbage! Only reason they (backcountry skiers and greenies) are organized is because they are a bunch of drop outs who don't have real jobs and have time to put together dumb letters and emails.. We the snowmobilers work hard to pay for our sport and support economies for other communities and don't have the time to travel 7hrs to a meeting on a Wednesday night to voice opinion! Of course they would host it in middle of the week, the greenies and skiers don't work so of course they will make it! *******s..

I think it benefits sledders more. The locals are clearly going to be for snowmobiling(The businesses and those that sled). I doubt there will be many locals in favor of more skiers. On the other hand most skiers are from further away and would have to commute.

S
Oct 17, 2010
arvada colorado
response

sent my response to the communists of America. people have something to say about this!!!!! if we don't say anything now our kids will not be able to say anything at all later. 40 or 50 years from now this place is going to be a sh** hole country with no guns,( or the only ones that do have them are criminals and the government, oh wait there one in the same what am i saying) no right to access, no freedom of speech,and then in the end no right to vote. PLEASE JOIN A CLUB OR DONATE sg

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
sent my response to the communists of America. people have something to say about this!!!!! if we don't say anything now our kids will not be able to say anything at all later. 40 or 50 years from now this place is going to be a sh** hole country with no guns,( or the only ones that do have them are criminals and the government, oh wait there one in the same what am i saying) no right to access, no freedom of speech,and then in the end no right to vote. PLEASE JOIN A CLUB OR DONATE sg

Well said! Im so sick of these people trying to shut our areas down, we definetly(snowmobilers/outdoor enthusiests) need to stand up to these devils!

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
is this the area at togwotee with the famous huge rock cliffs that they are trying to close to snowmobiles?

Unreal how 99% of snowmobilers could care less about this stuff, there are roughly 2700 people viewing the performance & modified forums currently and 4 viewing the land use....those numbers say it all.

very simple....get involved now in numbers or its gone

Last edited:

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
is this the area at togwotee with the famous huge rock cliffs that they are trying to close to snowmobiles?

Unreal how 99% of snowmobilers could care less about this stuff, there are roughly 2700 people viewing the performance & modified forums currently and 4 viewing the land use....those numbers say it all.

Its disgusting, isn't it?

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO

Yep, everyone needs to do their dam part!

S
Oct 17, 2010
arvada colorado
sled warriors

a new group that is trying to gather support as a hole industry. there info is on snowest here but bought a hat and probably get a pullover too hat is real sweat. that's sledwarriors sg

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
where is all the support from the manufacturers,dealers,high profile riders???

there is none, no one takes it seriously. ski doo is the only one i have seen with their million $ club program. i have not seen it this year, but they would donate $10 to the club of your choice if you turned a form into your local dealer.

R

RMOD800

Nov 18, 2008
the Forest Service is still in the final stages of their plan. The Rangers had toured the area before the meeting and became familiar with the area in question (Two Ocean Mountain only). Their thought process was that there's not a justifiable reason to restrict snowmobiles from this area. They are still in the decision making process and I would not be surprised if there is some sort of restriction based on the recent court decision in Colorado. We can only hope that they will not be influenced by special interest groups and ignore multi-use by all. We can't drop the ball and let this issue that we all face, become a mute point that all forget about. That is how WE WILL LOOSE the areas to the special interest groups. They have patience and funding. This alone makes the groups a danger to multi-use by all.

Premium Features