• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TOOL FOR BELT REPLACEMENT

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
On a 2013 PRO RMK... if you are carrying a spare toothed drive belt... it will be pretty useless in the field, or shop, without these small tools.

Yes, It can be done.. but you will spend some frustrating time getting it done.

https://polaris.spx.com/Detail.aspx?id=599&cat=3&sub=12

PS-50826.gif

Tool Name: Quickdrive Sprocket Alignment Tool
Tool Number: PS-50826
Your Price (USD): $54.65

Sprocket alignment tools are screwed into the ends of the jack shaft and the drive shaft to properly align the drive/driven Quickdrive sprockets during installation of the Quickdrive low inertia drive belt system.

NOTE: This tool was sent September 2012 as an essential tool to all Snowmobile dealers.

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
From my perspective, the pieces thread into the axle and jackshaft. Then the cogged wheels are slid over the pieces (which allow them to spin, notice tapered end too) and one can just slide the wheels, with belt installed, onto the splined shafts. Remove the pieces, reinstall the keeper bolts. Considering the tightness of the belt, these are essential for sure. 550iq

X
Dec 10, 2009
From my perspective, the pieces thread into the axle and jackshaft. Then the cogged wheels are slid over the pieces (which allow them to spin, notice tapered end too) and one can just slide the wheels, with belt installed, onto the splined shafts. Remove the pieces, reinstall the keeper bolts. Considering the tightness of the belt, these are essential for sure. 550iq

That makes sense. Remove the cogs, install the tools, then install the belt on the cogs and slide them onto the shafts. Kinda sucks that you have to remove the cogs to change the belt but considering there is no tensioner this would be the easiest way.

J

Jeff K

Jan 26, 2008
Calgary, AB
Here's an opportunity for someone with a CNC lathe to make some easy money. Turn a bunch of these out of some billet aluminum and make some easy cash!

FreeAgent

Lifetime Membership
May 28, 2008
Here's an opportunity for someone with a CNC lathe to make some easy money. Turn a bunch of these out of some billet aluminum and make some easy cash!

You don't need to worry about it my friend because yours shipped last week :). Just an FYI to everyone these tools ARE on backorder I ordered 15 when Jeff K wanted one and blew through them in two days so when Boston Racing wanted one I ordered a bunch more.....1/9/13 or sooner is what kent Moore told me.

Shell

J

Jeff K

Jan 26, 2008
Calgary, AB
You don't need to worry about it my friend because yours shipped last week :). Just an FYI to everyone these tools ARE on backorder I ordered 15 when Jeff K wanted one and blew through them in two days so when Boston Racing wanted one I ordered a bunch more.....1/9/13 or sooner is what kent Moore told me.

Shell

Awesome! Your the best!

Premium Features