• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tracks usa ad

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
Maybe its my computer but when the pulltab ad was on the right side it wasnt so big. It was just the size of the peeled away part but now that its on the left I have 2 peeled away parts and they are about 6 inches from eachother vertically with white space in between. I wouldnt even know this is snowest with all the tracksusa at the top.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
ANY press is good press. That is how marketing works. Sure you guys are saying you don't like it, but "their" name is getting thrown out there. I really doubt anyone who was considering buying a track will avoid tracks USA now. They have good prices and good products. They know that.

It is in everyone's best interest to at least try and buy products from Forum sponsors. They really do foot the majority of the bills. They know when people visit their website, where the people click from (referring website info). Pretty much anytime you go to a website that website knows the last website you were on.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
It should be moved to the top left corner away from the scroll bar.......

and now when you go to hit back or open a tab or anything in the left corner it opens....best to not have it fold like that. Let us click if we want to see more.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
I completely hated it on the right. I have not had ANY issues on the left. Of course I don't use a back button much. I usually open threads that I want to read in new tabs. If I do need to go back I usually just quickly tap the backspace button and it works much easier.

Just like any "media" site, the ads pay for most of the cost. Sure we pay $5 a year. I bet Tracks USA pays $400 a month+, probably more.

My card was billed for 3 years worth of content and it wasn't not 15 bucks.

I got hosed Tomymy.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
It's even WORSE there....

I almost always go straight for "userCP" and then I get the "foldback" followed by the full page ad. Grrrrrrrrrrrr......

Not to mention it folds down over the corners of pictures when people post....and that ain't good to get in the way of sweet pow pics.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I agree that thing is a crafty way to double bill the same space and probably click-through billing.

It IS irritating and I've been getting lots of emails to that effect.

I hope that the powers that be at Harris will act in good faith towards the paying members and reconsider this method of advert.

This is something that I would expect to see in a completely free site but not on this pay-for-use site.

AT MINIMUM.... Give the PAYING members the option to opt out of this form of marketing.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
They really do foot the majority of the bills.

OBVIOUSLY THEY DON'T. IF they footed the bills you guys wouldn't be paying for a forum. Just ask them, they make nothing off the adds, they were losing TONS of money before...

There are other places to buy tracks from, in the past I would have just called tracksUSA, but now I'll shop around.

It'd be one thing if it didn't move around, or if it only popped up when you click it, but the way it is, is just obnoxious.

Sorry, but I disagree about the any press is good press thing too, bad will goes a long way.

H
Jan 9, 2008
Woodland, WA
Other than the fact that it's annoying, it's messing with my back function. If I accidentally hover over the ad while going for the back button, it does it's foldback thing and then closes back up. My back button then becomes non functional for one click...click it, makes the noise, but does nothing. Click it again (since nothing happened) and I go back 2 pages.

Listen to the majority!

mc2stroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Yep, that ad is frick'n annoying...

Now watch I'll be banned for the 10,000th time again...:face-icon-small-ton

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Maybe I am jsut difficult, but I make a point of NOT contributing to places that irritate me or force ads on me. Not saying I wouldn't ever buy anything from them, but it would be the LAST resort, after checking every other option.

Premium Features