• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I have been quiet, but NOW YOU HAVE CROSSED THE LINE!!!

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
So....who's going to let the guys on the "other" site know why their post count have been "artificially" going up? :face-icon-small-sho It's been a big topic of discussion for some.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Newsflash Chris!!

Up until I posted this thread, I had not posted since 2/12/10!! Between 2/12 and 2/27 (When I posted this thread), My post count went up by 45 posts. So, NO I WAS NOT POSTING! THANKS!!
Sorry, but I think you misunderstood me.

When you read someone's post, and you click on the THANKS button, you are "posting" a THANK YOU.

That post of a THANK YOU counts towards your total posts.

deboer

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2009
Archer, IA (Northwest IA)

When you read someone's post, and you click on the THANKS button, you are "posting" a THANK YOU.

whats the point of that

thats really gay

why should that count that would be like if counting each rep hit as a post

THIS IS G

Marty UT

Stirring the pot
Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Utah
I think what he is saying is you have been "thanking" people. Clicking "thanks" adds to the post count.....at least that's how I am understanding it..???

holy crap, I think you are right about that. Man, you sure need to pay attention with the wording on that one. I blew right threw it.

Lets see I am at 5689 right now as of this post. I will click on thanks for winter brew and see what happens.

Holy crap, man you are right!!

Ok, just went back and re-read Christopher's post.

Yeah, I blew right past that one too.

Ok, so that answers my other question then. THANK YOU CHRISTOPHER! :wave:

IMO I don't think that should count towards your posts. I think that one should be geared more to the "rep" side rather than the "post" side, but that's just my opinion. :beer;

Either way, thanks again to everyone who helped out here. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go finish my crow and take some Midol so I can chill the F*** out over all this piddly crap (yes, even i'll admit its piddly). If anyone else needs some Midol, come see me. I'll be happy to share!! :face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:
J

jwill302

Dec 6, 2007
il. 60073
im glad this topic got brought up, how is it that members got together and played the "rep game" and now there rep is maxed out and they can make your rep red because they have got points that i would say they did not earn by giving helpful info. that is what rep is suppose to be rewarded for is it not?

mtnpull

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Heber City, Utah
www.uintarecreation.com
im glad this topic got brought up, how is it that members got together and played the "rep game" and now there rep is maxed out and they can make your rep red because they have got points that i would say they did not earn by giving helpful info. that is what rep is suppose to be rewarded for is it not?

Oh, but they did earn it! Plus what are you doing to get slapped with red? That really isn't the goal of most "maxxed out" members....to just slam as many people as possible with red, but if they deserve a red slap then yeah I'll hand it out. By the way I just slapped you with 21 million in green. I hope you don't complain about that.:face-icon-small-hap

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage

I have been maxed out for quite a while..yet in all that time I have red repped 3 guys..yet I would bet I have green repped at least 500....and yes..that rep was earned..every bit of it...

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
i agree with AKsnowrider..I too have only green reped when deserved..I only have ever red reped one time and that person who had a terrible message went and red reped one of my posts that didnt even say anything that anyone not on mind altering dru*gs what have cared about..just a retaliation.

BTW..AKSNOWRIDER, do you ever sleep??

E

EagleRiverDee

Dec 15, 2009
Eagle River, Alaska
i agree with AKsnowrider..I too have only green reped when deserved..I only have ever red reped one time and that person who had a terrible message went and red reped one of my posts that didnt even say anything that anyone not on mind altering dru*gs what have cared about..just a retaliation.

Same happened to me. I've given "red rep" only twice, and the first time I did the person just picked a random post of mine that could not possibly offend anyone and "red repped" it in retaliation. To me, that's stupid. I red rep only if someone is being an abusive jerk or incredibly rude. I never red rep simply because I disagree with someone or to retaliate. That's childish. Another person gave me red rep because I posted a comment that I could see both the site admin's POV and the complainers POV on a complaint thread. Apparently, since I had an open mind about the issue that deserved red rep.
:face-icon-small-dis

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage

LOL..yeah..sometimes..I work two full time jobs..plus I am on call 24/7 for some high security terrorist gates that protect our local bases..just crawled in bed last night when they called and said..this one didnt function..so up and to work for 3 hrs..then home and bed and back up at 5:30 this morning for work..just got off and headed to the second job here in a bit...part of life as a single parent...

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Same happened to me. I've given "red rep" only twice, and the first time I did the person just picked a random post of mine that could not possibly offend anyone and "red repped" it in retaliation. To me, that's stupid. I red rep only if someone is being an abusive jerk or incredibly rude. I never red rep simply because I disagree with someone or to retaliate. That's childish. Another person gave me red rep because I posted a comment that I could see both the site admin's POV and the complainers POV on a complaint thread. Apparently, since I had an open mind about the issue that deserved red rep.

If I didnt have to pass it around first girl..I would spank you green....:face-icon-small-ton

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
Whoops, I just went to hit you with some green and I have given too much rep in the last 24 hours (damn thanks buttons). I slap you with the 21 million tomorrow.

Hit him for you MP! 21 Mil of green!:face-icon-small-hap

If I didnt have to pass it around first girl..I would spank you green....:face-icon-small-ton

Smacked her for you AK! Now go get some sleep!:beer;

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Good to see some AK peeps filtering back in...

Green for all of you!!!! :)

thanks Yammie..been here all along..just quieter now days and spend more time in the country now..its more agreeable to my constitution.....missed seeing this before...must of been tired...

markoo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Southern Alberta

Same thing happened to me. I gave summitx1000 a red rep for starting this post with his negative and false accusations. So he goes to one of my other post a hits me red. He even dug up an old post of mine on a different forum and gave me red rep. Like that hurts my feelings or something. That's just funny in my opinion.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Same thing happened to me. I gave summitx1000 a red rep for starting this post with his negative and false accusations. So he goes to one of my other post a hits me red. He even dug up an old post of mine on a different forum and gave me red rep. Like that hurts my feelings or something. That's just funny in my opinion.
you should wait till you have a fan following you around doing that all the time... LMAO!!

Premium Features