• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.
E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Really.... A man can only look at for so long.

Taking 2-3mins per page load at times. Posts take just as long to commit.

And I know i'm not the only one having this problem.

Last edited:

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Hey just think there are more pages to look at so it takes even LONGER to get around here these days!

Yeah to Slowest and the new regime.

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
i would rather have it faster than all this fancy stuff slowing it down. was much better before all the changes

B

BigJake

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jul 23, 2009
SLOWEST, That's the perfect name for it. I have been trying to be supportive with all of the changes taking place hoping for a good, finished product. The way the site has been soooooooooo sloooooooooooooow, it is getting rather ridiculous.:mad:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The Modifications are NOT the cause of this.
I know I can say this a hundred times, and no one beleives me, but the problem with the servers is much deeper and more a result of the SURGE we have had in active members in just the last 2 weeks.

In either case.
We are tracking everything that is going on and working behind the scenes to attack each problem one at a time.

The #1 problem that is killing SnoWest right now are the other sites that are being powered by ColdFussion that are sharing our server, and at this point we don't have a way to offload them.

Did any of you get the database error today?

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
DBase errors are something I haven't seen.

Any possibility of offloading some of the coldfusion servers to a VM on the server? Isolate some of the shared resources so one doesn't fork up another.... and when the VM goes down, it doesn't take the host machine with it....

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
1 step forward 15 steps backwards. Kind of reminds me of the old snowest befor they switched servers or whatever you call it. Bells and whistles or trinkets and trash. Put it back the way it was. I heard noone complaining about it.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
DBase errors are something I haven't seen.

Any possibility of offloading some of the coldfusion servers to a VM on the server? Isolate some of the shared resources so one doesn't fork up another.... and when the VM goes down, it doesn't take the host machine with it....

We are trying hard to come up with a solution.

S
The Modifications are NOT the cause of this.
I know I can say this a hundred times, and no one beleives me, but the problem with the servers is much deeper and more a result of the SURGE we have had in active members in just the last 2 weeks.

right. we're not buying what you're selling. the bottom line is that this site was not performing anything like this until all of these "improvements" were introduced. we keep hearing that it will just take more and more time but the clock is still ticking and there don't seem to be any permanent fixes. and until then, the site is becoming less and less enjoyable and/or useful.

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Just got another database error, followed shortly thereafter by a "Firefox was unable to reach the server at snowest.com".

B
Dec 5, 1980
Just got another database error, followed shortly thereafter by a "Firefox was unable to reach the server at snowest.com".

That would be because we had to add some RAM to the DB server. (As an aside, we added a riser card, so if you have any spare 30 pin simms floating around, we have like 6 slots open. :D;) )

That's the DB error. Once that was in, we thought it might be a good idea to restart the webserver also. That would explain the snowest.com error.

Just FYI.

Darrin

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
waitingfor.png

Yup, same here... it went from loading in 5 seconds for me all the way to 30 seconds and a few times I even got the all to familiar ...

"The connection has Timed Out"

"The Server at www.snowest.com is taking too long to respond......."

I wish I would have taken a screen shot of it:rolleyes:

Haven't seen that one for almost a month...

I would also note that the EXACT SAME TIME as the new "Status" was loaded late last night, the site has slowed by a factor of FOUR!!!

EDIT: It did it AGAIN trying to reply to this thread!!!:mad:

1Slowest.jpg

Premium Features