• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

One more time

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
This will be another attack on our winter use. Read the document.
The Park Service (YNP) released a statement at 1:29am that states they may have to change their winter travel plan.

Attachments

• Public Meeting Information dates Wolverine (1).pdf
    565.1 KB · Views: 71

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
I believe this will have a negative impact on all over the snow travel, when the dust settles. Here is their map.

Attachments

• 02012013ModeledWolverineHabitatMap .jpg (1).pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 83

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Hmmm.... now overlay all the sledding areas on the map and voila, two wolverines can shut down the whole US mountainous regions for OHV, ORV and sleds. Couple that with the two Canadian Lynx pic from southern Colorado and yup, things look stacked in the land closure side of things. Or, maybe there's too many wolverine and lynx and there needs to be better population control of them. Don't lynx and wolverine eat Northern Spotted owls?

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
Man your correct it's a hunt only not for fur but for sleds they have no proof of any thing , are blaming global warming that they admit hasn't been proven and are asking for info on all that. I'll bet they get some straight forward info from al gore and peta . This along with my comment is headed straight to my senators and rep we need to get ahead of it.

Premium Features