• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Last year for the Suzuki 1100 now what

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
So with all the work done to the 1100 Suzuki in the cat. Whats cooking for the YamaCat replacement four stroke.

To bad it will be last year for the Suzuki, overall they have been super solid for a lot of years. (with a few bad years of course) :)

Must be someone with some ideas or plans.

Thunder

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
So with all the work done to the 1100 Suzuki in the cat. Whats cooking for the YamaCat replacement four stroke.

To bad it will be last year for the Suzuki, overall they have been super solid for a lot of years. (with a few bad years of course) :)

Must be someone with some ideas or plans.

Thunder

I think the 1100T motor will be around through 2015 model year. The replacement is likely to be a Nytro based factory turbocharged engine.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
........And then another year before it is Mountain worthy .. and so..2017? -Then deciding if it should stay in the chassis cause by then it will be mmmmmm 6 years old?
Just sayin-

S/C

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
It the dirt bike world is any thing close to what sleds have In store. I would think 4 strokes are going to be a big part of sledding in the near future! 450cc engines in modern dirt bikes are 55 HP at sea level and very light weight. And there engine packages include a 5 speed trany. I would think sleds could save alot of weight if they had something like a 800 twin four stroke that's boosted. Should be able to get 180hp at elevation out if that.

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Or just build one of these, 478lbs. Naturally aspirated with 150hp.. After we do high compression update it will be pushing 170hp!

image.jpg

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Sorry I know it's Polaris chassis with Nytro motor but I like following the 4 stroke sections and couldn't help myself by posting on this one. Need to wrap seat yet
Can only download one pic at a time, damn I pad

image.jpg

Last edited:
S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Not a fan of boosted power, little too much riding technical lines, there will be a boosted one next year with a apex motor in it

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
It the dirt bike world is any thing close to what sleds have In store. I would think 4 strokes are going to be a big part of sledding in the near future! 450cc engines in modern dirt bikes are 55 HP at sea level and very light weight. And there engine packages include a 5 speed trany. I would think sleds could save alot of weight if they had something like a 800 twin four stroke that's boosted. Should be able to get 180hp at elevation out if that.

Nobody rides those silly heavy 4 strokes... those things suck.

KTM 300 3 stroke... best of both worlds ;)

I agree though about motor size... why don't they make a mid sized, lighter motor and boost it stock, then you'll have that 150-160 or so HP stock power in a reasonable sled weight wise?? I'll NEVER buy a 4 stroke sled as long as there are options out there that are 50+ lbs lighter on the market in a 2 stroke... but get within 20 lbs & I'd start thinking about it.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Ahhhh.... And I thought 125hp sucks at elevation :face-icon-small-coo

Well we know the Yami engine is is 25-30 lbs lighter in the block itself. Can't see a replacement for the 1100 until there is a factory build turbo replacement. Cat can't have a factory turbo option for 3 years and pull that for a N/A 130hp replacement model. That is a huge step backwards.

Assuming there will be similar 40hp mountain reflashes, like we have now for 1100s, for a new model it should be 215-220hp. With motor weight loss and some simple, cheap, basic parts you'd think it would be within 30-40lbs of a m8....but 80+ hp more. It's never going to be as light as a 2s, nor can it be with aftermarket making over 300hp. We have to do bracing now as it is to run that.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN

I agree though about motor size... why don't they make a mid sized, lighter motor and boost it stock, then you'll have that 150-160 or so HP stock power in a reasonable sled weight wise?? I'll NEVER buy a 4 stroke sled as long as there are options out there that are 50+ lbs lighter on the market in a 2 stroke... but get within 20 lbs & I'd start thinking about it.

I could see where that would be awesome. But let me ask you this. Would you be happy with a 4 stroke stock turbo that put out 150 with a turbo on it stock and was upgradable to 180 with a $600 reflash? It think that a fairly lightweight 4 stroke it possible likely within 20lbs of its 2 stroke counterpart if the displacement was low and the boost was high. Also things like a lightweight battery and ditching things such as reverse.

Something like a supercharged phaser engine with a variable design pully system for increasing boost to accommodate for changes in atmospheric pressures. Possibly even manual adjustment to keep the weight low. The computer would manage any over boost which was adjusted to high with a computer controlled bypass valve.

Again would be fun I think. But would need to fall under 500lbs dry weight and be truly capable of 180 hp to be marketable.

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy

Not sure if you actually read the post or just started running your mouth, but this build is same weight as your XM/ 478lbs is full of fluids and 2 gallons of gas. Not quite there as horsepower #'s go but guarantee this sled pulls way harder then your 800 and will carry much faster track speeds. Can't believe how some people are against 4stroke, where would supercross be if villapoto had to ride 2stroke? Definetly not riding tracks they do today. Just saying

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Not sure if you actually read the post or just started running your mouth, but this build is same weight as your XM/ 478lbs is full of fluids and 2 gallons of gas. Not quite there as horsepower #'s go but guarantee this sled pulls way harder then your 800 and will carry much faster track speeds. Can't believe how some people are against 4stroke, where would supercross be if villapoto had to ride 2stroke? Definetly not riding tracks they do today. Just saying

Lets not derail this thread. We all are excited to see how yours turns out. The hillclimb guys have shown that they can make them run well. The nytro 4 stroke is likely the best NA 4 stroke. The polaris chassis is likely the most maneuverable mountain sled. It should be interesting to see if the extra weight changes that. If it doesn't. It should really turn a lot of heads.

Either way. Back on track.

The discussion was what's next after the 1100t era ends.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO

Your chassis is a poo, your motor is a yammi...WTF do you have to do with this thread at all?? Go away troll.

Talking about MX in regards to sleds is about like talking about trucks in regards to bikes. My comment about the 300 was a joke, I'm a trail rider where the 300 shines, I could care less about track riding. MX is a fake, contrived class system that created a system where the 4 stroke was the better machine because they tossed a machine double the size in the same class. Had they not put 450's with 250's, the 4 strokes would be looked at for what they are... heavy machines that require 2x the size to make the same power.

Either way, the conversation WAS about the next step after the Suzuki, and as two of us mentioned, we both feel a somewhat smaller motor that started out boosted (like the t660, but with the intention of being a mountain machine powerplant) would allow us to be competitive WITHOUT putting a motor from another company in a different sled.

11t, I feel that to be competitive they could get away with 150 HP EASILY if the weight was closer, and that would get many people in the door. Being the mountain market, IMO you show people the ability to make the same power at elevation like the 11T does, but without the HUGE weight penalty of current machines... and they'd sell like hotcakes. The market is moving toward technical riding more & more, and if you give people a real option that competes with the 800s weight wise, it would be a great machine.

Premium Features