• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Matte Murder's M1100 Turbo HCR

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Hi everyone, I wanted to share some information and photos on one of the sweetest M1100 Turbos around. This sled belongs to "Matte Murder" here on snowest.

Sled: 2013 M1100 Turbo HCR
EVO Super Chute Turbo 300 HP
EVO Head Stud Kit
EVO ECU tuning
EVO 3" SS exhaust system
EVO V-Flow FAI kit
EVO Boost Hoses
EVO Billet BRV kit
EVO Intercooler fan kit
EVO Ti Series heat defense system, header blanket, turbo blanket, 3piece exhaust system blanket
C-3 Powersports Syncrodrive
OSP Engine Snubber
OSP Jackshaft Support
TAPP Industries Primary Clutch
Team Industries Tied Secondary Clutch
Four Stroke Sollutions Rollover Valve kit
Arctic Cat Vented Hood Panels
Arctic Cat Vented Side Panels
Shorai Lightweight battery
Slydog 8" Powder Hound Skis
Raptor Front Shocks
K-Mod Rear Suspension with Raptors
Skinz Air Frame running boards
TJ Patrick Custom Carbon Fiber rear tunnel
WRP Seat
Koso X-2 gauge

Last edited:
J
Feb 27, 2011
That thing is sweet. Could you give me some feedback on that TAPP? I'm thinking about getting one. Also is that a boost sensor in the intercooler?

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
That thing is sweet. Could you give me some feedback on that TAPP? I'm thinking about getting one. Also is that a boost sensor in the intercooler?

The TAPP is the only thing on that we have not ridden with yet....tomorrow. The fitting in the intercooler reads intake air temp.

Woody

B

BURN EM

Nov 27, 2007
Durham,Maine
Koso X-2 gauge

how is the Koso X-2 gauge working out was thinking about putting some on a couple customers sleds but would like some feedback first

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
how is the Koso X-2 gauge working out was thinking about putting some on a couple customers sleds but would like some feedback first

Excellent so far only ridden a couple times with it on. A very nice package with everything you need to put it on. Nice and compact and looks great powered up. Will get a photo of it tomorrow.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Looks like the nicest money can buy. Needs a c3 hood and tank for another 26lb weight loss. Only another $3000. But then I would say it has the best of everything. And is the lightest it can be in the took chassis

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Last ride of the season

Matte Murder and I went up for a ride today. Sled ran real nice but snow conditions and weather did not allow us to really put the weenie to it. First ride with the TAPP primary and it was in the ballpark for sure. I have never been around a clicker type set up before....that was nice to dial RPM in. Matte got some Go Pro video so we will see if we can get that on here later.

Matte Murder and his sweet ride:

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Matte Murder and I went up for a ride today. Sled ran real nice but snow conditions and weather did not allow us to really put the weenie to it. First ride with the TAPP primary and it was in the ballpark for sure. I have never been around a clicker type set up before....that was nice to dial RPM in. Matte got some Go Pro video so we will see if we can get that on here later.

Matte Murder and his sweet ride:

O man I wanna ride. . . Any thoughts about clutching? Would it be worth machining a skidoo clutch to try? Bottom line is the skidoo clutch. Is the most tunable with different ramps, springs and weights.

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
So other than the nice adjustability, any other comments about the TAPP. Thanks

Can't really say much more as the combination of this sled, the snow, and poor weather did not allow us to really test what we wanted. We have ridden it several other times with much deeper snow, better visibility and more room. To see how this set up performs to previous settings we would need similar conditions. The sled gains speed so quickly and goes so fast we have to be able to see pretty good.

Woody

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Sorry guys have been out of sled mode for a while. The TAPP seems to be the way to go. This is the first time we have been able to stay out of the rev limiter consistently. The TAPP is we have it set up(straight from Kevin) has robbed some of the snap and acceleration and performance out of the engine but at least we could run full throttle. Still need to drop engine RPM about 400-500 to get it back to 7900-8000. The jackshaft support and engine snubber are nice pieces. Much thanks to Woody for all the hard work on this sled. If you are in Washington or Oregon and want to build an 1100 Super Chute or Big Chute Woody is the man and the summer is the time.
The engine and chassis are so sweet but the driveline on these sleds is just not up to doubling the horsepower. Hood and tank are going to happen over the summer. We need to get this thing on a scale at some point and see where we are now. Also going to go with a 3" track, probably a 174. Need to stress the driveline more, lol. I am HOPING that I can ride the heck out of this sled next year. Would love to get 1500 trouble free miles next year. Glad I had other things to ride this year as this sled was a work in progress all year.

J
Feb 27, 2011
So the TAPP is just not tuned in yet, or are you saying it's performing worse than a stock clutch? Snap and acceleration loss is discouraging to hear

F
Apr 5, 2009
how about that koso gauge? heard that digital boost gauges and such loose some accuracy when higher up. would be interested in having that instead of a mechanical boost guage, and a/f gauge seperate. plus with everything else that guage does.

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
So the TAPP is just not tuned in yet, or are you saying it's performing worse than a stock clutch? Snap and acceleration loss is discouraging to hear

The clutching is not dialed but does work well. I belive much of the power sensation Matte is refering to is more how the power feels because the snow conditions were so different between rides. We needed to ride the sled to see how close the base line setting in the TAPP is to what this sled needs. I think it is going to work real well once we adjust it to load the motor harder. Even with the clickers turned all the way down it is close to hitting the rev limiter. At just under 8500 RPM it is not making as much torque and power as it would at 7700-7800 RPM. As I have mentioned in previous posts, all of our 250+ HP sleds hit the rev limiter with clutching being used in other areas. This makes them feel extra rippy but does not work good because of over rev.

how about that koso gauge? heard that digital boost gauges and such loose some accuracy when higher up. would be interested in having that instead of a mechanical boost guage, and a/f gauge seperate. plus with everything else that guage does.

Gauge is awesome will be using it on more builds in the future.

Premium Features