• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Question for M1100t owners...

Question for the M1100t owners...

• I bought the Turbo and I'm glad I did

Votes: 129 84.9%
  • I bought the Turbo and wished I bought an 800

Votes: 23 15.1%

• Total voters

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
M1100T

I really like my my M1100T.
I changed the skies to SLP Powder Pros and added a D&D big barker muffler, put a 1 inch block under the steering post and added a 8.5 inch handle bar riser. These things made the sled way better in handling and power. This sled has surprised a few of the people that I ride with and have let ride it. 800 trouble free miles on the same belt adjusted belt tension once. I just wish the reverse worked.:face-icon-small-fro LOL I also have a 2009 turbo charged M8 that hasn't been out of the shop once this winter and I really like that sled I just like the M1100t more.

I need to get a vertical steering post badly but would like to see some other options before I change mine. Any body know of a after market vert post coming out soon?

I also would like my 1100 to have about 300 HP at high elevation so I have been waiting on the aftermaket guys to build some different turbo upgrade options.

I think this sled has huge potential and I am very glad I ordered mine.:face-icon-small-hap

Hotchief

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2005
Normandy Park, WA
Let me say that I have ridden Hilly's. I really liked the sled but the steering just felt goofy after being on an M and now my Pro. That alone made me uncomfortable. I can't wait to try one with the vertical post.

I need a sled I can trust for three to four years, the Pro clearly isn't the answer I am looking for. I thought it was a ProClimb 800 (which I think is a great sled) but maybe it is the Turbo?? If I can get over the fact that it sounds like a Craftsman lawnmower who knows??

There has to be people out there that can take these things places people thought only "lightweight" 800s could go....

Joe

Don't think of it as a Craftsman Lawnmower....Think of it as a GSXR1100...:face-icon-small-coo

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Mine sounds like a Spanish Volkswagon, I WISH it sounded like a GSXR1000. I think she is just 2 cylinders short of that soundwave though.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
LOVE it! Going west, you must have something wrong. My sled, untouched would pull around 62 mph in fresh powder up a hill. I am running about 65-68 mph right now with very minor alterations. Wish the reverse wasn't an issue, but overall I am glad I got one. I like the 800 a lot as well, but wanted a sled that we could leave really close to stock and have big HP.

It is a good sled stock, itmisma great sled with the 38" front end and vertical steering...it needs some clutch work also to get rid of or minimize the o-40% throttle.....the mid to upper is ok...my t-nytro pulled harder but did not handle anywhere near as well...

Ditto racin, if your only seeing 40 mph track speed, you have real issues!!!

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
Clutching can make the idle to half throttle much better. Also vertical steering and 38 stance.

That being said I liked mine stock but love it with the new muff and vertical steering and 38 stance. And will love it more with a bigger track next year. And maybe a few more less lbs. I have cut 24 between the battery and the exhaust.

My comment on the zero to half throttle was aimed at the chassis, that's when it comes in to play "weight, ski's, width and handling".
From half throttle on up the front end is off the snow and life is good.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
I just got back from about 4 hours in bottomless powder. The kind you stop and your stuck..........Put me down for another LOVE IT vote!!!! Just put my 38" front end on and the vertical steering and Im gonna stick a fork in it. She is done. Put gas in and ride the rest of the year!!!!!! Skis, vert post, and some good clutching and you have a nice weapon in the hills.

C

catweasel

Feb 20, 2010
Jackson, WY
www.jacksonholeargo.com
Wasn't real happy with it stock (almost regretted buying it and thought I had made a mistake not getting an 800). After tuning the suspension, getting bigger skis (sly dog 8 inch), can, and vertical steering, it should be a crime to have this much fun. :)

S

stu

Dec 2, 2007
1100t

Have both, love them both. Ride the 800 after the 1100 keep waiting for that power. 1100 always puts a smile on my face.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
I absoutley loved the engine and the power after my first trip out west. I put Slydogs and the vertical steering on it before my second trip and I now love the entire sled.

The M1100T in stock form isn't so great handling wise, but add skis, and vertical steering or 38inch arms you'll be smiling.

Oh, and one more thing. It sure is nice to decide how high you want to go, instead of the lack of track speed deciding for you.

Last edited:
H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
Joe I know you styarted this post because of me....

I've been riding in great snow here the last few days and I love the 1,100. I'll be keeping it.

Owen

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
I'll be real honest Owen... The reason I started this post is because (like I told you) I need a sled I can have fun on and ride for the next 3-4 years with no problems (as we discussed, I don't think the 800 Poo is my answer - my skirts are still intact...)

It sounds like from this thread the weight is less of an issue once the ski stance is narrowed and the vertical steering is installed...

Seriously, how fun would it be to hang with the A-team and all the other Pro RMK riders out there in the trees with a Standard 1100t 153"??? I think it would even be more fun than hanging with them on a 600 Pro or a High Country 800... Plus, I'd never ever have to worry about not having the power again.

The challenge changes (it becomes weight instead of power), but I'm thinking with the updates it sounds doable...

I think way to much about these kinds of things...

Joe

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
I'll be real honest Owen... The reason I started this post is because (like I told you) I need a sled I can have fun on and ride for the next 3-4 years with no problems (as we discussed, I don't think the 800 Poo is my answer - my skirts are still intact...)

It sounds like from this thread the weight is less of an issue once the ski stance is narrowed and the vertical steering is installed...

Seriously, how fun would it be to hang with the A-team and all the other Pro RMK riders out there in the trees with a Standard 1100t 153"??? I think it would even be more fun than hanging with them on a 600 Pro or a High Country 800... Plus, I'd never ever have to worry about not having the power again.

The challenge changes (it becomes weight instead of power), but I'm thinking with the updates it sounds doable...

I think way to much about these kinds of things...

Joe

What kind of rider are you, and be honest. If you are pushing your Poo in the trees (and I dont mean open medow type tree's but steep tecnical terrain) then you will not be happy with the 1100t. If you like a little more open trees, then it will be fine. But no matter how you look at it when your throwing that thing around all day in the trees the extra weight is going to wear you out.

I rode ours for 5 days last trip (just installed 38" arms) and the first two were pretty mild days and I was really thinking that it hid the weight really well, then we got into some real technical stuff for the last 3 days and I couldn't wait to get off that tank.

I did not have vert steering but that never really bothered me. This is just my opinion and I'm sure others will vary. It all comes down to how you ride and what terrain and most importantly being honest with how technical you get on a regular basis.

I also think that if you ride deep snow on a regular basis that the 162 is a must for the weight of the sled.

Last edited:
H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
I got to ride in good snow.

Wow what a joy. Who would have thought, My own back yard had better snow than IP. I still crashed, but it was a soft landing.

Owen

Slednoggin23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
Wyoming
Love it love it love it!!!

This sled is working awesome for me. It had some issues at first and I put some 8" Sly Dogs and a lighter muffler and it rips real good. Not having the vert. steering or narrower front end bothers me now that I'm used to them. I can put this sled in any place a 800 will go. Hell even more places they can't.

Me and my nephew have made some anti four stroke believers think differently. In fact at least two we ride with will be on '13 M1100's. Just today we put the beatin on some modded Pro's and Etecs. They could get where we were by poachin our tracks.

Like someone said mine sounds a Mack truck and thats cool. Puts a big smile on your face and keeps coming back for more. Nice job Arctic Cat. I'm keepin mine and really thinkin I might get a '13 too.:face-icon-small-hap

W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
i am leaning this way for next year like others are.
ive rode the 1100t stock with horizontal steering and a 38" kit on it , my thoughts were if it had vert steering it would be so much funner/ easier to handle. i could not get used to the horizontal steering.
one question i have is, is the clutching problems guys are having on the 800's not showing up on the 1100t?
im 90% sure the 1100t will be in my stable next year.
also i agree with what one guy mentioned i think that the 162 would be the way to go with this sled, it will help/allow it to float that much better.
anyone have any comparisons between the 153 and 162 with the 38" and the vert steering installed on both?

thanks in advance.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
ive rode the 1100t stock with horizontal steering and a 38" kit on it , my thoughts were if it had vert steering it would be so much funner/ easier to handle. i could not get used to the horizontal steering.
one question i have is, is the clutching problems guys are having on the 800's not showing up on the 1100t?
also i agree with what one guy mentioned i think that the 162 would be the way to go with this sled, it will help/allow it to float that much better.
anyone have any comparisons between the 153 and 162 with the 38" and the vert steering installed on both?

thanks in advance.

I have a 153. . . The track speed it makes is so insane. I would assume that it is making more track speed than the 162. I plan to do a 2.6 or 25 track next year. Should really move snow and move the sled. I have ridden 162s for a number of years before the 153 now and I don't notice a ton of difference. I just want a bigger lug.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada

thanks in advance.

There are belt issues with the 1100 as well.

I personally think the erratic belt problems are due to different riding styles and different terrain. Those who ride hard in more technical terrain are the ones having trouble. When you ride in this terrain you are always in and out of the throttle and this works the clutches a lot harder. In general the clutches on the new PC's run way to hot and when you start adding extra stress the heat builds even faster and higher, it doesn't matter what belt you have if its running at 400 plus degrees all the time its not going to last.

We had good luck with our 1100 in the open terrain, 4 days no belt issues (they were extremely hot but never blew or pulled cords), then we rode trees for 2 days and blew a belt each day. I think this is why we are seeing a lot of reports of 800's with issues and not as many 1100t's they just don't get ridden in the same area as much, case lets face it, if your a tree basher you probably didn't buy the 4 stroke. In general the more people I talk to the more this seems to be a theme and I think its all related to the overly high temps were seeing.

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
This thread has made my "life" difficult

We had a guy rent an 1100t on our trip for one day. It was the biggest pig of a sled I have ever seen. It made the 05 skidoo1000 one guy used to have look flickable. And the power was WAY unimpressive. And we all ride fairly stock 800's and a 1000. It was HORRIBLE. I was leaning toward the 1100t for 13' and it was an easy decision after that. On top of that, I was starting to really get the feel of the new chassis and was liking my800.

THEN we got back and found out the dealer thought the 1100t had a boost leak. That seemed to make sense. Not only was the power unimpressive but it seemed to "fade" on a long pull. Power wise it was just a little better than the 800 on the top end. Not the night and day I thought it would be.

Still thought "was way to heavy. Too planted. It was a PIG in the trees even on FLAT ground....m8 for next yr." but there was this LITTLE part of my mind, way in the back that wondered "if the power had been there maybe it woulda been different? Maybe the feeling of FLYING up the hills would negate the pig-like feeling in the trees." but I told that part of my mind to shut up.

Now reading this I can't stop thinking about the POWER! Why is the power so HARD to ignore? Maybe I will copy this over and start my own thread....don't mean to hijack. I wish the decision was easier! Argggg!

Premium Features