• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1100T v.s Nytro Turbo...........

Dec 22, 2007
PG. BC.
I actually am looking into getting a set right now. Just maybe going to wait on the 2013 Nytro to see if anything changes.
I love the Nytro, just doesnt handle as good as I would like it to.

The 1100T is a good sled, and I do like it...But the engine is not even compairable to the Nytro.:nono: IMO. Maybe I'll get it tuned a little better and change my mind.....Hopfully:thumb:

how bad is the handling of the nytro........ not fun to ride or just different??

T

toony

Dec 17, 2007
Killam, Alberta
how bad is the handling of the nytro........ not fun to ride or just different??

A little different than other sleds. It handles OK but is a little harder to lay over and control on a sidehill....Not saying it cant be done, Just takes a little more effert. Like MT said the Skinz front A-arms should correct this problem...or at least help out quite a bit.

Dec 22, 2007
PG. BC.
A little different than other sleds. It handles OK but is a little harder to lay over and control on a sidehill....Not saying it cant be done, Just takes a little more effert. Like MT said the Skinz front A-arms should correct this problem...or at least help out quite a bit.

when upgrading the skid do you need to change the drivers or are they anti rachet drivers?

do they except a 3 inch pitch ??

any need for the anti stab kit ??

toony you have been a great help thanks a bunch.......

T
Jan 1, 2008
I sold my Yamaha Apex propane sled and wish I still had it. I could run as high as 27 psi boost. That was an amazing machine. I hope with some changes that I can get some where to the same horse power, but it will take alot of work. I had Simmon's gen2 skis on my Apex and I loved them. I have a set of Simmon's gen3 on my 1100t and I think they are the best ski made by anyone any where.

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
I have ridden both and was much more impressed with the Nytro power. Ergo wise I thought they were both about the same. If the cat bad the vertical sterring I would give them the edge. The cat needs to ditch the narrow skies and get some clown shoes to keep the front end up. They are not two stroke pro rmks but that's just apples and oranges. Loved the Nytro going straight up hill!!!!

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Little early maybe.....

I have a m1100t. I rode a mcx 310 Apex for 4 years. I ride with guys that have stock and turbo Nitros. Comparing a first year sled with limited aftermarket performance parts to a proven performance platform is somewhat unfair. I remember the first year Nitros came out and over in yami land we were comparing them to Apexs....Nitros handled better, but man the power on a turbo Apex was crazy! Sound familiar? Did we all continue to buy Apexs.....nope. We made Nitros make power.
As far as the power comparison it would make sense that 270hp kit is going to out perform 230hp. A purpose built turbo on an aftermarket kit should be substantially better than a stock turbo that has a lot of concessions, including price, to content with in a factory designed system. With a cartridge exchange to something that flows close to a 2860 and a controller, for less than 2k, it will make an honest 260-270. That seems like a pretty good starting point compared to a $7500 mcx kit i had and a lot more apples to apples IMO.

Anyone that knows me knows I'm the last guy hating on Yami. All things considered you can always make more power on any sled but you can only improve handling to a certain degree.

T
Jan 1, 2008
I talked with Jim at Dynotech, he told me they had an 1100t that was stroked 5 cubic inches that has made the highest horse power for a snowmobile that he has ever had on his dyno (605). I am interested in the new Borg Warner ball bearing units. They have a ty-aluminide turbine wheel with billet compressor wheels that spools up much quicker than the others turbos out there.

T

toony

Dec 17, 2007
Killam, Alberta
when upgrading the skid do you need to change the drivers or are they anti rachet drivers?

do they except a 3 inch pitch ??

any need for the anti stab kit ??

toony you have been a great help thanks a bunch.......

Anti stab kit yes, and sorry I forgot Avid drivers are a must. Here is some pics of the running boards

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 51
T

toony

Dec 17, 2007
Killam, Alberta
I have a m1100t. I rode a mcx 310 Apex for 4 years. I ride with guys that have stock and turbo Nitros. Comparing a first year sled with limited aftermarket performance parts to a proven performance platform is somewhat unfair. I remember the first year Nitros came out and over in yami land we were comparing them to Apexs....Nitros handled better, but man the power on a turbo Apex was crazy! Sound familiar? Did we all continue to buy Apexs.....nope. We made Nitros make power.
As far as the power comparison it would make sense that 270hp kit is going to out perform 230hp. A purpose built turbo on an aftermarket kit should be substantially better than a stock turbo that has a lot of concessions, including price, to content with in a factory designed system. With a cartridge exchange to something that flows close to a 2860 and a controller, for less than 2k, it will make an honest 260-270. That seems like a pretty good starting point compared to a $7500 mcx kit i had and a lot more apples to apples IMO.

Anyone that knows me knows I'm the last guy hating on Yami. All things considered you can always make more power on any sled but you can only improve handling to a certain degree.

I agree with you on everything as this motor on the 1100T has been proven to make HP. Its been out for 4 years now Just in The Z1

It can make great power but it has no bottom end yet for snappy response.
With out that no matter how it handles it wont be any good if you have no bottom end. The new turbos coming out should help spool up times so I will probably do something this spring with the turbo. If you are doing anything like this I would like to keep in touch. Maybe we can come up with something?:face-icon-small-hap

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
turbo upgrade

We are not that far apart by the look of it Toony. We built a stretched Z1 last year with a 350hp kit on it. Ripped.

I have my name on both a cartridge exchange and the BW that is being talked about. From the horse's mouth it is seeing more than 5lbs of boost at 2500rpm. The full turbo kit probably won't be out in time for this winter, but I'm hopefull to see the cartridge by early March.

My partner is the lightweight build guy (carbon fiber TM8) and I was doing the hp build. I will still have 40-50 lbs out of it but I probably won't go much farther than that. With the full turbo upgrade kit I'm shooting for 300-320. With 60-70 lbs less than my Apex was, and the same power, it should be pretty fun. Does handle substantially better for sure.

As we both know with the MCX rear mount we are used to more lag than the front mount guys. I can't see even a bigger turbo making it any worse than the MCX was, and I learned to ride with that, undoubtably you have too.

Just drop me PM's every so often and if I have something to report I will drop you one. Don't have another trip planned until middle of March so guages, studs, downpipe and straight pipe, Shockwave helix, roll over kit, and a reflashed 2.0 will be done. Can then start tuning the box. Fingers crossed on the cartridge being available by then. I've heard WOT is barely over 10 on the a/f. Sounds like my old RT1000.....ahhh good times.:face-icon-small-dis

Gene

Last edited:
T

toony

Dec 17, 2007
Killam, Alberta
We are not that far apart by the look of it Toony. We built a stretched Z1 last year with a 350hp kit on it. Ripped.

I have my name on both a cartridge exchange and the BW that is being talked about. From the horse's mouth it is seeing more than 5lbs of boost at 2500rpm. The full turbo kit probably won't be out in time for this winter, but I'm hopefull to see the cartridge by early March.

My partner is the lightweight build guy (carbon fiber TM8) and I was doing the hp build. I will still have 40-50 lbs out of it but I probably won't go much farther than that. With the full turbo upgrade kit I'm shooting for 300-320. With 60-70 lbs less than my Apex was, and the same power, it should be pretty fun. Does handle substantially better for sure.

As we both know with the MCX rear mount we are used to more lag than the front mount guys. I can't see even a bigger turbo making it any worse than the MCX was, and I learned to ride with that, undoubtably you have too.

Just drop me PM's every so often and if I have something to report I will drop you one. Don't have another trip planned until middle of March so guages, studs, downpipe and straight pipe, Shockwave helix, roll over kit, and a reflashed 2.0 will be done. Can then start tuning the box. Fingers crossed on the cartridge being available by then. I've heard WOT is barely over 10 on the a/f. Sounds like my old RT1000.....ahhh good times.:face-icon-small-dis

Gene

Thanks Gene,

I will be heading out next weekend to the steep and deep.
Have the shockwave and some new springs for primary and sec.
New primary weights
A/F installed now
2.0 boondocker
My own exhaust
ROV
Lightweight Batt.
And taking 113 race fuel (just in case)
Hopefully in the 3 days we are out there I can get some tuning done....and yes I think this thing is tuned way on the safe side and is pretty rich on the top end. I will drop you a PM when I have any news.

Thanks.
Toony

Dec 22, 2007
PG. BC.

Gene

what do you think that whole kit combined is gonna be worth at the end......

or whats it gonna take to get it to 270hp........ $$$ cost wise?

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Of course this is roughly speaking, most will have a lot of the things required already: $400-$600

cold air of some kind
aftermarket exhaust

Add: $1500-$1700

controller or flash that will fuel around 25 lbs of boost
cartridge exchange

The wouldn't hurt list: $500-$600

studs
downpipe

For less than 3K, pretty good imo.:face-icon-small-win

Premium Features