• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Beacon rental in IP?

L

landon283

Nov 26, 2007
Edmore, ND
I was wondering if there is any place in Island Park that we can rent avy beacons at? We are headed out there on the 4th of january for a few days and would like to know ahead of time here. Is IP thaaaat prone for avy's or should would they be recommended to get?

T

tgoodwin

Dec 6, 2007
Blackfoot
Honestly I've never checked, best bets would be at either rental/sales shop in Last Chance, Elk Creek Station (doubtful), the cat rental shop on the flats, or any of the shops in West Yellowstone. There are also a few rental places between I.P. and West, just don't know if any of them rent beacons, good luck, and if you can't find some rentals please bite the bullet and spend the $200-$300, unless you stay out of the climbing areas, then no worries.

S
Nov 27, 2007
WI
landon283 - go over to the Montana side of the forum. Ace Powder Guides in West Yellowstone advertises beacons, probes and back packs for rent. Good luck and Safe riding!

L

landon283

Nov 26, 2007
Edmore, ND
Sounds good ill give that all a try here.....Anyone else have any idea's of what we can do if IP doesn't offer anything like this?

Premium Features