• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

over the motor sterring

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
what are the advantages and who makes the parts???I heard curt williamson runs one but thought it was a hill climber thing???

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
i'd like to have one just for the ease of replacing the steering components, mine are shot again. anyone know of a kit from an aftermarket company?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
no kits.

Lots of cutting on the bulkhead, uses some IQR parts... custom post.

Advantages only on hillclimbers IMO.

.. and this also get rid of the airbox, headlight and move the gauge to the old steering hole.

Kinzer... You need to lube and clean stuff my friend.

Put high quality rod ends on from Aurora... much better than stock.

Are the belcrank bearings worn out?

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
MH,,,,,, im looking for any thing that makes the steering leverage at the bars easier ,the Timbersled front helped a little but need more was thinking of moding the arm on the bottom of the post ????

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
09steering.gif
[/IMG]
yeah the pitman arm bushings go out on me and then wobble out the pitman arm's. i changed them last summer, but with the little head on i had with a tree earlier in the year and then breaking steering post they are all loose again. when my post broke that rod end from the post to the pitman arm developed a lot of play as well. so guess what i get to do again this summer!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
guess what i get to do again this summer!

Wait for your new Pro R??

Go with the aurora ends... they are costly... but last longer... polaris can only afford to use good quality... not the best available... just the cost of doing buisness, unless you would be comfortable with a more costly sled.... then again, you are at the extreme of riding wear and tear.

The Aurora ends are less expensive than the stock replacements thru the parts dept.

Also, the ball bearings in the idler arms can be upgraded.

Kawgrn.... hard to get more leverage without throwing off other stuff... the over the engine steering is not going to give you less effort... I just moves the rider position more fwd.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
I prefer the steering on my RMK's over the one on the Summit XP which tires me out!

Premium Features