• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

95 XCR 600 problems

W
Mar 14, 2019
Hello, I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with a problem I'm having with my XCR 600 triple. So this problem goes back probably 20 years and this is the reason it was parked and replaced with a different sled. Since that one finally blew up I was thinking about trying to get the triple running to ride for the rest of the season. The problem with the sled is that random cylinders will stop firing. If I shut the sled off and check spark on the cylinder that isn't firing it will have spark every time. I've tried cleaning the carbs twice in the past 3 days and that seemed to help it a little bit. I've tried new plugs, cleaned carbs, checked over the fuel pump, pulled the plugs on the bottom of the crank case to see if it was flooding and it wasn't, swapped plug wires to see if it would move cylinders and it didn't. The last thing I tried was when the middle cylinder was not firing, switched the carb from the clutch side to the middle but it confused me even more becuase then the mag side stopped firing. I was wondering if anyone had any more suggestions on what I could try because I am running out of ideas. Sorry if this post was a little confusing

Lake Powell

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2016
Silt, Colorado
Sounds like it is electrical not fuel. Check all grounds very carefully. check all wires from cdi to each coil. Possible it is a cdi. If it is a cdi I do have a used one. Peter

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
notorious at this age for needle/seat going out. id replace them if you haven't. maybe its flooding and when you swapped carbs around some drained out of the ones you were handling so they fired again..? just an idea.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Check your carb boots for cracks.
Have you replaced the fuel lines? Have they deteriorated?
Take a hanger and pull the line out of the fuel tank and check the end filter. Better yet pull the fuel tanks “firewall grommet” and fuel line. Check the in tank hose connection.
Make sure your vacuum line is in good shape and tight.

Premium Features