• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skidoo 2000 mkz 440 2 inch 136 track

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
So I got a great deal on a great looking sled for my son.. He weighs about 90 pounds with everything... Any recommendations anyone have one of there kids on one of these... I am going to put a throttle restrictor so it slows it down a bit at first... He has ridden dirt bikes since he was 3 so he knows his way around throttles... The shocks are pretty stiff but an eleven year old girl was on it previously... I live in utah and snowmobile out from my neighborhood so I need to have enough power to handle some powder because we get s ton...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Following

I'd be curious to know how that sled works out. I just bought a '96 Formula S 380 for my 8 year old here in Colorado. He/we rode it for the first time this week and it is pretty sweet. Snappy light and fun. Already wondering what his next sled will be at 10 years old, and a 440 or 550 fan like this might be it. Has to be a Doo...

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
We will see the person before put a powder track on it for their daughter so it's pretty set up.. I fixed a few things and it will be a xmas present .. I want something with enough power so I could get it I stick if needed but also be light ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Guys I would like to report back this sled is killer for my son.. This is his first year and is 8... About 85 pounds and has had extensive time on a dirt bike.. This thing takes him everywhere ... We have been in feet of powder with no issue... The best part is it has enough juice for his 200 pound dad to get him unstuck;)

Edit I would like to add we live in the western mountains so the added power gets put to good use.
Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Awesome news!! That's great to hear, sounds like a FUN sled for both of you! I've only had my 8 year old out twice this season on the 380 Formula with the 121 trail track, but I've probably already gotten ahead of myself because I went and bought a 1998 Summit 500 Liquid cooled with 5k miles and it's stock 136 x1.5" track. He might not ride it this season but these small CC mountain sleds are so hard to find here I just had to have it for $1000. I actually owned a sled just like this one for my wife 12 years ago and that 500cc liquid is SUPER underrated, it's a little beast of a motor! And you can put a RAVE valve from a 670 in them to really wake them up.

My guy doesn't have any dirtbike experience unlike yours so it might take him a while to graduate to it.

Thanks for the update....

9CSvBM4YBY-ODPaotXhFJPfsAwCQz1vV0Ei9_ODOwyg

Premium Features