• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

95 Storm

Z
Oct 2, 2012
I am trying to learn more about my 1995 storm. She has 1600 miles, very clean, good track and seat. Interested in putting in flat slide carbs to help performance and smother running in lower NY (10-30 degress) dont know what size or how to switch over. Would love some help. Also want put on a newer smaller seat and clutch work. :face-icon-small-hap​

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Well... I'm not sure putting flat slides on it will be worth the money. The new style racks from an XCR 800 might fit, but the XCR spacing between the motor and tank were a bit different, might make carb angle and air box fitment strange.

The round slides are good carbs, if anything maybe just have the round slides bored.

sled_guy

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
Storm

Run the 97 Jetting and it will be fine with the round slides. Match everything including needles, needle jets, sliders, and jets. It took Polaris 2 or 3 years to get the calibration right on them. Early models would boog in spots. I ended up with 97 stuff in mine and it ran great. They also have a 3 angle helix which I would change to a 2. It was faster with the 2. That sled will boog if it pulls hot air in the motor from under the hood. Make sure the foam spacer between the air box and hood is in place to prevent that. Additional vents on the clutches are a good idea too.

Flat slide carbs are hard on sliders so stick with the rounds.

Premium Features