• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Reports on the Dyno Port Y-pipe and pipe??

Ephratafarmer

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ephrata, Wa
Would like to here from the ones that ran this set up. My understanding, no fuel controller needed. How do it work for ya compared to stock??

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
It runs very well and it does not need a fuel controller. You will also need to add an extra gram, maybe two to your primary weight depending on the rest of your clutching and setup. Much better snap on the midrange and top end.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I can't imagine a fuel controller will hurt. Might even gain a few HP's or more reliability. Does anyone know if DynoPort has tried a PCV or other yet?

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
i read somewere there was another 2horse or so to be had with a pcv.

IQRider...i remeber reading a while back u said you were gonna compare the weight of the dynoport setup to the stock setup..have u had the time to do that yet?
i read the dynoport system is 18lbs lighter then stock!! yes 18lbs

T

tomlee76

Nov 30, 2007
Bedford NH
If you only need to add 2 grams then it can't be adding that much power, no? I put a PCV on my dragon and needed to add 2 grams-after I put the new springs in. The PCV made it go up about 400 RPMs in the AM, changed the springs which brought it down 200 then the extra 2 grams took care of the last 200. PCV was the cheapest improvement EVER made to a sled and I've done plenty. The 18 lbs is certainly nice though. I would guess there may be some fuel needed at low elevation-does not seem rich at all to me.

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
If you only need to add 2 grams then it can't be adding that much power, no? I put a PCV on my dragon and needed to add 2 grams-after I put the new springs in. The PCV made it go up about 400 RPMs in the AM, changed the springs which brought it down 200 then the extra 2 grams took care of the last 200. PCV was the cheapest improvement EVER made to a sled and I've done plenty. The 18 lbs is certainly nice though. I would guess there may be some fuel needed at low elevation-does not seem rich at all to me.

2 grams extra does not equal a big power gain? Huh? it's about 8 horses I believe. That's pretty good for a modern day sled just adding a pipe IMO.

Premium Features