• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 155 sea-level clutch kit

P
Mar 1, 2015
What clutch kit did you had good experience with or would recommend for an 850 SKS 155 running at Sea level?

I ride mostly backcountry but still do a decent amount of trail riding to get there.

SSI, SLP? OEM? etc.

Which kit did you had success with at sealevel.

My feeling is that OEM was designed with high altitude in mind with the straight helix.

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
What clutch kit did you had good experience with or would recommend for an 850 SKS 155 running at Sea level?

I ride mostly backcountry but still do a decent amount of trail riding to get there.

SSI, SLP? OEM? etc.

Which kit did you had success with at sealevel.

My feeling is that OEM was designed with high altitude in mind with the straight helix.

We built a special Kit for a group of locals in Minnesota that run 800 assaults and 850 long tracks in Michigan.

The kit works so well we sell it with a money back guarantee.

The 850 sks ( at seal level ) can pull way more weight and way more helix then it comes with stock.

They make your arms hurt if the traction is good.

If you call the shop we can put you in touch with this group and you can question them if you would like to chat with them.

Dan

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Yes arms hurt with correct clutching !!

2019 850 RMK 155 3"
So it's a SKS with no cooler to get in the way of a 3"

I left the springs and went back to a 52/40 with 74 gram weights and have no problems pulling away from anything on the trails ..

All these are with 155X2.25 Track . I would not go these speeds with anything more than the 2.4 , they will fly apart ( I Know from Experience)

With Stock 7 tooth Drivers in
23/40 gears ( Stock 74 Chain) belts get pretty warm
22/40 72 pitch chain ( almost doesn't need adjuster)No belt issues 1000+ miles

8 tooth drivers use
22/40 I think best setup for these .
20/40 little slow but best all around .

BUT I'm not an expert . I am not selling anything . All are stock PRO or Switchback Assault pieces .

Premium Features